Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell

Post imported post

Well, kiddies I'm gone. OCDO has finally reached PDO condition. The newest technique is for a moderator to prevent comment on, corrections to, or other response to demonstrably false and silly claims. If the members want this board to be a mutual admiration society (or more crudely, a circle jerk) so be it. At the beginning, I had much hope for this endeavor but it seems (any psychologist chime in) that there is always a slow, steady migration to group think and control by the most vocal posters. Thus, once it has been established that the correct position (also know as the "party line") is A, anybody who suggests B, or heaven forfend, C-Z is pounced upon. Name calling and insults become the order of the day rather than a rational, logical and calm discussion of the issues. Sometimes people throw out communication stopping words (a la "Nazi") because they have no counterargument. This type of "winning" may be comforting to some but it simply undermines the effort towards (what I thought was) a common goal. People at LCAV, TBC, etc. must laugh their posteriors off when they read (and they do) some of the posts here. With such people as opponents they must be encouraged. I sometimes think that the posters who engage in undermining tactics are really moles. Would that be paranoid? I sincerely hope that OCDO can pull out of its death spiral. I won't offer suggestions because they will be attacked by those who see themselves in my words (then again some may be so oblivious to their actions that they think I'm talking about the "other guy.") Apologies for any errors here. I don't want to take the time to edit. I will read posts from time to time to see if the atmosphere has changed but I have little hope. Good luck to all.

Andrew Percival Jonas

State Researcher

Post imported post

Why?

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    Why?
    My thought exactly. Then I thought By.

Post imported post

apjonas, it is good to see you go. You are opposed to open carry in principle and ridiculed those who exercise their rights.

You don't belong here.

Post imported post

One sure way to see if he's actually left is to flame the crap out of him in this thread. If he keeps coming back to peak, he won't be able to resist the urge to flame back.

I love the internet.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    One sure way to see if he's actually left is to flame the crap out of him in this thread. If he keeps coming back to peak, he won't be able to resist the urge to flame back.

I love the internet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well I didn't know what all this was about but went and read some of the last few threads he was in. Looks like he doesn't like people disagreeing with him and if they do they are part of the 'party line' I guess the fact he couldn't refute with a citation, he just got mad and went home. Honestly, he 'thinks' he knows more than what he does. Then he can't handle it when he comes up against more knowledgable folks like Mike or Lonnie. Not meant as a flame, just my observation.Oh well.....
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

State Researcher

Post imported post

apjonas reminds me of one of my ex-girlfriends. She made this big melodramatic scene and then stomped out the front door....only the front door was actually another room with no exit, so she then had to walk back through the house to leave.

lol I was laughing the whole time

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

I'm relatively new to the site and don't recall his antics as mentioned by the previous posters.

But in any case,... AMF!

Post imported post

Just an observation from my experience from other political webforums I participate in.

Someone announcing their departure isnt nearly as dramatic as the sudden and quiet exit oflong standingmembers.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    apjonas, it is good to see you go. You are opposed to open carry in principle and ridiculed those who exercise their rights.

You don't belong here.

I don't think he is so much opposed to OC as he thinks it is not the right solution to all known problems.

i also think he had some good insight that some just did not agree with.

calling each other names because we don't agree is not necessarily the best way to get what we all want.

to those who think that a few OC walks in WI will solve some problem there, I would suggest it may not be that simple. just becasue it helped in Ohio, does not mean it will help in WI.

I hate to see someone chased away mostly because he does not agree with the majority opinion.

Post imported post

apjonas wrote:
    Well, kiddies I'm gone.
    Goodbye!

Post imported post

apjonas wrote:
    Well, kiddies I'm gone.... I will read posts from time to time to see if the atmosphere has changed but I have little hope. Good luck to all.
    Don't be a quitter.
    Take these and shake it off, mister:

Post imported post

apjonas wrote:
    With such people as opponents they must be encouraged. I sometimes think that the posters who engage in undermining tactics are really moles. Would that be paranoid? I sincerely hope that OCDO can pull out of its death spiral. I won't offer suggestions because they will be attacked by those who see themselves in my words (then again some may be so oblivious to their actions that they think I'm talking about the "other guy.") Apologies for any errors here. I don't want to take the time to edit. I will read posts from time to time to see if the atmosphere has changed but I have little hope. Good luck to all.

Andrew Percival Jonas
    He may have a point. (please don't pounce on me )

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    Just an observation from my experience from other political webforums I participate in.

Someone announcing their departure isnt nearly as dramatic as the sudden and quiet exit oflong standingmembers.
    I have noticed that elsewhere, not just on political forums. People lose interest in bickering, or just plain lose interest. It is a natural cycle of the web forum, newsgroups,email list, etc. Often if you leave for 6 months, when you come back you barely recognize the place.

I got busy and stopped participating in several coin groups. The way they changed in such a relatively short period of time just amazed me.

Post imported post

.40 cal, I wouldn't agree. I mean WTF! people disagree on this forum everyday but they don't cry that they are being picked on and leave. As one example, off the top of my head, look at LEO229, that guy has taken a beating here but he stayed and I don't recall him whining about it.

This IS an OPEN CARRY gun forum. So if you say to someone, Why did you OC when you had a concealed permit? Then go on to tell a gay person they should stay in the closet. Well the chances are very good people will get on you. Should it be some big surprise that OCDO members are not bigoted against Open Carry and gay person's?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

2 days and he isn't back yet. More flames, people!

Post imported post

He sounds like a whiner. Hey, if you take a stand, good on ya mate, but some people will disagree, some will frankly hate you. I could write some things right now that would make some of the members here spit and cuss.

If you can't take it, just go. I've done the same before, left groups where I wasn't welcome, but I didn't make a whiny self-righteous production of it. (I even got kicked off of one ).

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    2 days and he isn't back yet. More flames, people!

Hey apjonas! Your mother wears combat boots!!

And what's with the hoity-toity middle name: Percival???

Post imported post

apjonas wrote:
    Well, kiddies I'm gone. OCDO has finally reached PDO condition. The newest technique is for a moderator to prevent comment on, corrections to, or other response to demonstrably false and silly claims. If the members want this board to be a mutual admiration society (or more crudely, a circle jerk) so be it. At the beginning, I had much hope for this endeavor but it seems (any psychologist chime in) that there is always a slow, steady migration to group think and control by the most vocal posters. Thus, once it has been established that the correct position (also know as the "party line") is A, anybody who suggests B, or heaven forfend, C-Z is pounced upon. Name calling and insults become the order of the day rather than a rational, logical and calm discussion of the issues. Sometimes people throw out communication stopping words (a la "Nazi") because they have no counterargument. This type of "winning" may be comforting to some but it simply undermines the effort towards (what I thought was) a common goal. People at LCAV, TBC, etc. must laugh their posteriors off when they read (and they do) some of the posts here. With such people as opponents they must be encouraged. I sometimes think that the posters who engage in undermining tactics are really moles. Would that be paranoid? I sincerely hope that OCDO can pull out of its death spiral. I won't offer suggestions because they will be attacked by those who see themselves in my words (then again some may be so oblivious to their actions that they think I'm talking about the "other guy.") Apologies for any errors here. I don't want to take the time to edit. I will read posts from time to time to see if the atmosphere has changed but I have little hope. Good luck to all.

Andrew Percival Jonas
    I haven't been a member here that long, but I still don't get the beef.

This is a free site. You can pretty much say what you want. As I read the posts I agree with some and disagree with others.

The same goes for other people. Its life people. My wife and I don'talways agree,but we have still been married for a very long time.

I guess to some people if its free its not worth much so you can leave or cast it off.

I say the worth is in the opportunity to learn and share ideas. There is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and knowledge here. If you don't want to participate, I am sorry for you, and I will miss your contribution, but I will not lose my opportunity for growth because you chose to do so.

This forum is like being at a pot luck dinner. You get to try a lot of different stuff. Some is good and some is not as good, but the experience is good.

I am not going to starve because I didn't like some lady's potato salad, and I am sure not going to stop going to pot luck dinners.

I wish you well.

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    .40 cal, I wouldn't agree. I mean WTF! people disagree on this forum everyday but they don't cry that they are being picked on and leave. As one example, off the top of my head, look at LEO229, that guy has taken a beating here but he stayed and I don't recall him whining about it.

This IS an OPEN CARRY gun forum. So if you say to someone, Why did you OC when you had a concealed permit? Then go on to tell a gay person they should stay in the closet. Well the chances are very good people will get on you. Should it be some big surprise that OCDO members are not bigoted against Open Carry and gay person's?
    I meant the moles part. :P

Post imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
    He sounds like a whiner. Hey, if you take a stand, good on ya mate, but some people will disagree, some will frankly hate you. I could write some things right now that would make some of the members here spit and cuss.

He's right. I've seen him do it.

Post imported post

DOH!!

Post imported post

Well, all I can say is if OCDO is in a "death spiral", may we all be so lucky! (Things look pretty healthy around here, as far as I can tell.)

Post imported post

apjonas wrote:

Andrew Percival Jonas
    Don't let the door hit your A** on the way out:shock:

Post imported post

He was gone a whole 15 days (apjonas has reapeared in the WI board)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast