• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to dress for both methods of carry?

tarzan1888

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Here's me in an untucked polo, jeans, with a Fobus paddle... I use the Fobus paddle almost every day. Just yesterday after church I OC'ed in Burke Lake Park wearing khakis and a button down shirt tucked in. (not a peep from anyone).

RugerHemi.jpg

Bob I have to say this. You look younger in the above picture than in the small one that accompanies your posts.

Did you do something to your hair? :what:

tarzan1888

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Dude, the avatar is Tony Soprano....  sheesh.....! 

Oops:shock: My Bad

I didn't know.

I've never watched that show.

So I can take it you aren't a client of Apollo hair restoration, then? :dude:

tarzan1888

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Smartass...that's all me!

:D Be happy Bob.

There are a lot of guys your age who would love to have a head full of hair like that.

Seriously, I didn't know that the avatar was not you and when you posted your picture I was surprised at how young you looked.

Nice to now put the real face with the name. :p

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LOL...I'm gonna be a grandfather for the 5th time too! Yep, all me. Need a haircut and to lose a few pounds, and find a million dollars in cash, but other than that, I'm doing great!

tarzan1888

imported post

BobCav wrote:
LOL...I'm gonna be a grandfather for the 5th time too! Yep, all me. Need a haircut and to lose a few pounds, and find a million dollars in cash, but other than that, I'm doing great!

For some reason something about "Grecian Formula" comes to mind, :?but I think I am just going to let it alone.

Congratulations on the 5 grand children.:D I only have 2, one of each, but maybe one day I will catch up with you on that score.

zoom6zoom

imported post

I've had the opposite clothing problem - I hate wearing a shirt untucked (especially since I've lost a lot of weight). I've gotten a bit more comfortable with it, but I still feel sloppy when doing so.

tattedupboy

imported post

Far too often on this board I see posters placing emphasis on an open carrier's appearance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but ifabig burly Blackman in ripped, baggyjeans, aBlack Panther t-shirt,with cornrows, tattoos, and an earring in his ear is openly carrying a sidearm and just going about his business not bothering anyone, and someone calls the cops on him, wouldit bedeserved based simply on his "appearance?" What everyone should be emphasizing is the open carrier's behavior (ie, being polite at all times, no profane language, etc.), not his appearance.

tarzan1888

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
Far too often on this board I see posters placing emphasis on an open carrier's appearance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but ifabig burly Blackman in ripped, baggyjeans, aBlack Panther t-shirt,with cornrows, tattoos, and an earring in his ear is openly carrying a sidearm and just going about his business not bothering anyone, and someone calls the cops on him, wouldit bedeserved based simply on his "appearance?" What everyone should be emphasizing is the open carrier's behavior (ie, being polite at all times, no profane language, etc.), not his appearance.

If the LEO's know what they are doing, they will realize that;

1. Bad guys don't open carry

2. Bad guys don't carry in a holster, open or concealed

To me the sight of the gun openly carried would be a calming influence as I would feel that he was probably not a bad guy.

If he didn't have a gun in open sight, I would be a little concerned by his appearance, white, black or green, for that matter. :dude:

A year or so ago I found a Ranger vest in a surplus store in Harlingen Texas and I bought it.

I wear it every where my wife will let me and it gives me the option. Vest off = open carry, vest on = concealed carry.

Works for me. :D

I like the vest so much that I bought 2 morefor when this one wears out or gets so ugly :shock:that I have to retireit.

That way the rest of my wardrobe stays the same. :p

cato

imported post

Legba wrote:
Cato - glad to see another unapologetic Smith owner here, but I thought Cali still had the 10-round magazine limit, so how do you get around with a 5900-series (evil "high-capacity") Smith?

-ljp
That is a picture from the Bagmaster Website. I do have a 5 shot2" S&W Airweight however.

FYI; California banned the new purchase, importation, or give away of mags with over 10rd capacity as of 2000. If high caps were owned prior to that date they can still be used and carried but not sold or given away except out of State.

Californians havealso upset the state DOJ and their Brady masters by purchasing AR and AK lower receivermodels not banned by the current laws and building them into rifles that do not meet the States AW ban language. And if one owned a +10 mag. before 2000 they can use it with their new AR or AK. http://www.calguns.net/

tarzan1888

imported post

Here is a picture of my Ranger Vest. It goes well with my general wardrobe and I can OC or CC as needs be. It is light weight and is not uncomfortable summer or spring or fall. It also works well under coats in winter if needed.

Attachments

• rangervest.jpg
    rangervest.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 226

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Might work for some of you guys, but there's just not enough room down there for me to pack anything else in my drawers.:lol::celebrate:lol:

Oh, I've been waiting for this one. After the first couple, I knew it would come up again. Here it goes:

I've always heard that braggarts have (rhymes with shiny) (rhymes with Glocks).

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

In that I'm definitely working on the 2A political speech aspect when I OC, I usually wear nice trousers and shirt, nice shoes, etc. Nice casual I guess is how one puts it.