• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everett events center and centennial trail

chevy-time

imported post

The two places both have no firearms regulations.

My questions is how to interprete what kinds of places can regulate or prohibit firearms.

The trail surprises me more than the events center.

I am still confused if any sign posted to ban firearms must be followed even when Concealing with a CPL.

Sorry if these places have been mentioned before but i didnt see them discussed.

Thanks for any help

joeroket

imported post

chevy-time wrote:
The two places both have no firearms regulations.

My questions is how to interprete what kinds of places can regulate or prohibit firearms.

The trail surprises me more than the events center.

I am still confused if any sign posted to ban firearms must be followed even when Concealing with a CPL.

Sorry if these places have been mentioned before but i didnt see them discussed.

Thanks for any help

The Events Center does not allow firearms and it is posted during events, well usually, and on thier website under thier rules section. They can do this becauseit is a privately managed arena and the management company has sole control of rules of the facility.

The centennial trail is part of the SnohomishCounty parks dept. They are not allowed to regulate firearms except for the discharge due to the preemption statute.

As far as signs posted to ban firearms, if it is private property then you pretty much do have to abide. They can ask you to leave if it is found that you are carrying. If it is a government entity, like the trail, then they are not allowed under the state preepmtion.

RCW 9.41.290 states that the state fully occupies the laws regarding firearms except cities, towns, and counties may enact laws that are specifically authorized under RCW 9.41.300. The latter one states:

2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW
9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or

(ii) Any showing, demonstration, or lecture involving the exhibition of firearms.

chevy-time

imported post

Thanks for the info. I'm not so worried in the events center. My main concern is the walk to and from especially in the parking garages. With the baby, we have a lot of idle time outside the vehicle while buckeling her in leaving us vulnerable.

This "time" resulted in a close and uncomfortable encounter with an aggressivepanhandler while visiting the space needle a few weeks ago

However the event today is in daylight so probably not as much concern there.

have a good day all!!