• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No Concealed Weapons" Signs...

AbNo

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
If I had to guess I think they mean ' No firearms'. You would be within the 'letter of the law' but not the spirit. If the GF is understanding, I would take her and the kid. Then when the management tells you no guns allowed, leave and eat somewhere else. If they see dollar signs walking out the door they 'might' reconsider next time.
Good luck.

+1

It says "No Concealed Weapons", therefore, to me, that says "No CONCEALED Weapons".

And, as VAOC said, if it's not just you, then that gives you a great answer for the "why do you have that?" question. :D

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
The only place in my neck of the woods that has a no CC sign is the hospital. When I was locksmithing and doing a lot of work their, I concealed anyway. Now when I go there it's as a blood donor so I strap on my 1911 and walk around like I own the place. No one says a thing about it.

LoveMyCountry
Update: The last time I went to the hospital, they had added a no firearms sign. :X

LoveMyCountry

sedjester

imported post

Wouldn't the state preemption allow the carry of a firearm in the hospital?

From the Oregon Revised Statutes:

(4) “Public building” means a hospital,

sedjester

imported post

Not sure if it varies by state, but the Oregon Revised Statutes states that a hospital is a public building. Of course there could be 'private' hospitals like there are private universities. But then again the ORS states that even a private school is considered a public building.

sedjester

imported post

Here is the actual statute for the definition:

[/b]
166.360 Definitions for ORS 166.360 to 166.380. As used in ORS 166.360 to 166.380, unless the context requires otherwise: ... (4) “Public building” means a hospital, a capitol building, a public or private school, as defined in ORS 339.315, a college or university, a city hall or the residence of any state official elected by the state at large, and the grounds adjacent to each such building. The term also includes that portion of any other building occupied by an agency of the state or a municipal corporation, as defined in ORS 297.405, other than a court facility. ...
As far as I can tell all of Oregon's hospitals are public buildings.

MetalChris

imported post

Citizen wrote:
arjppj wrote:
I'd go in there open and if they say anything, just point to the sign and say "It is not concealed. There is no sign banning open carry." I always laugh when i see the little window signs banning Baretta 92s(ya know the silhouette baretta with the red slash thru it). I think to myself, i have a 1911 so i'm ok.

Do me a favor and also disclaim membership in any 2A rights groups.
Maybe he was joking... :? I personally thought it was funny...I evenlet out a little chuckle. Do I need to leave now too? :celebrate

Fallguy

imported post

I agree with a previous poster that most people don't know the difference between OC and CC. In TN you have to have a permit to do either.

But with the idea that most people don't know the difference...I would think it was the owner's intention to ban guns in whole. Not knowing that someone could even OC.

Have you gone? I would wager when/if you do the end result will be him changing his sign to ban all weapons/guns.