Thread: Firearms Academy and OpenCarry.

Post imported post

While taking the course, there was some mention of "brandishing". I wouldn't say the class was completely anti-open carry, but they were slightly hinting at it. During the break I went out to the car and grabbed all the training bulletins that Lonnie got and went up to the co-owner.

I held a very brief discussion of open carry and the training bulletins and showed them to her. She started reading and said... "Oh, Lonnie, I'm familiar with him and his work. He really does good things."

She asked if I could email her these bulletins but I told her to just keep the ones I had as they were backups.

At the end of the class, she came up to me and thanked me for the bulletins, she said that she had read them all and learned quite a few new things. And that she was going to modify the class based on them.

Over all I think it was a great encounter! She said that she personally wouldn't open carry, but has no problem with others doing so.

Thanks!
    Greg

Post imported post

gregma wrote:
    While taking the course, there was some mention of "brandishing". I wouldn't say the class was completely anti-open carry, but they were slightly hinting at it. During the break I went out to the car and grabbed all the training bulletins that Lonnie got and went up to the co-owner.

I held a very brief discussion of open carry and the training bulletins and showed them to her. She started reading and said... "Oh, Lonnie, I'm familiar with him and his work. He really does good things."

She asked if I could email her these bulletins but I told her to just keep the ones I had as they were backups.

At the end of the class, she came up to me and thanked me for the bulletins, she said that she had read them all and learned quite a few new things. And that she was going to modify the class based on them.

Over all I think it was a great encounter! She said that she personally wouldn't open carry, but has no problem with others doing so.

Thanks!
    Greg
    I am assuming the person you were talking to was Gila Hayes. Not only is she super nice, but she is probably one of the best female firearms instructors in the US.

Post imported post

I have taken a few classes from FAS and found them to be very professional and ensuring students walked away with a good understanding and proficiency with the laws and firearms.

The use of the word brandishing is used quite often through out the U.S. even though it is not on the books, but is used as most are aware of the meaning of it to be in a menacing manner and not to be related as being in a secured holster on someones belt.

I am sure if Gila mentioned that they will incorporate that into their curriculum, you can most assured she will.

gregma you did well and assisted others in getting the correct information.

• Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Post imported post

wqbang wrote:
    gregma wrote:

Thanks!
    Greg
    I am assuming the person you were talking to was Gila Hayes. Not only is she super nice, but she is probably one of the best female firearms instructors in the US.
    That was her! She is an amazing woman. She remembered everyone's first names in the class the entire time, blew me away. I'm looking forward to more classes there.

Thanks!
    Greg

Post imported post

gregma wrote:

Thanks!
    Greg
    How might I aquire these bulletins so I may join the fight so to speak?

Post imported post

All of them can be found here I believe.
    http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/c...egory/5/24/32/

Post imported post

Xhado wrote:
    All of them can be found here I believe.
    http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/c...egory/5/24/32/
    Many thanks!:celebrate