• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are we supporting the wrong gun group

personaltrainer1987

imported post

I don't know, Kelly. The NRA is a damn-good organization to have on your side!! Shoot, they're the biggest lobby/civil rights organization in the country!

But I do agree with you that the NRA is far too willing to compromise. Their support for the National Firearms act AND the Hughes Amendment just to make the gun grabbers happy is sickening!!! :cuss:

But I guess that's what we're stuck with for now, unless we can get some more hard line leadership into that organization. Larry Pratt for NRA president, anyone!!! :lol:

No... Forget that... LARRY PRATT FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!! :lol:

Kelly J

imported post

personaltrainer1987 wrote:
I don't know, Kelly. The NRA is a damn-good organization to have on your side!! Shoot, they're the biggest lobby/civil rights organization in the country!

But I do agree with you that the NRA is far too willing to compromise. Their support for the National Firearms act AND the Hughes Amendment just to make the gun grabbers happy is sickening!!! :cuss:

But I guess that's what we're stuck with for now, unless we can get some more hard line leadership into that organization. Larry Pratt for NRA president, anyone!!! :lol:

No... Forget that... LARRY PRATT FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!! :lol:
OT

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:
What's wrong with the letter?

Basically the absence of total support for Gun Rights, for a Start,...

Where in the letter are you seeing this "absence of total support for Gun Rights?"

Can you cite a part of the letter that would lead to the conclusion that we are "supporting the wrong gun group" in some way?

usmc_recon

imported post

Unfortunately, we have a political system where compromise is necessary to achieve any kind of political goal. In a perfect world, the 2nd Amendment would automatically protect our rights. But we don't live in a free country. We just live in a "more free than most others" country.

I think the NRA is better than the alternative.......no big organization representing any of our rights.

1st freedom

imported post

Kelly j,,

The questions and answersby the JPFO after the leter seem to fault the NRA for not forcing congress to bowat there will, politicians need to be swayed or judges need to vote in favor of your cause.

Just think what could get through congress with 80 million voting gun owners insted of just 4 million. Vote's tend to sway politicians!

"United we stand, devided we fall" Renew your membership, if you have friends that are gun owners and are not members, get them to join! Don't sit on the sidlines and complain.You have the ability to put muscle in the NRA, it is YOUR orginization!

tarzan1888

imported post

1st freedom wrote:
Kelly j,,

The questions and answersby the JPFO after the leter seem to fault the NRA for not forcing congress to bowat there will, politicians need to be swayed or judges need to vote in favor of your cause.

Just think what could get through congress with 80 million voting gun owners insted of just 4 million. Vote's tend to sway politicians!

"United we stand, devided we fall" Renew your membership, if you have friends that are gun owners and are not members, get them to join! Don't sit on the sidlines and complain.You have the ability to put muscle in the NRA, it is YOUR orginization!
I agree completely!Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. :)

ScottNH

imported post

Brownback said it best at the debate last week:

"I believe in the Ronald Reagan principle: that somebody that's with you 80 percent of the time is not your enemy, that's your friend and that's your ally."

Do I like everything my wife does? Nope.

Do I understand thereasoning behind some of the things she does? Nope.

Am I ready to switch? Nope. 18 years now and going strong.

Kelly J

imported post

HankT wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:

Where in the letter are you seeing this "absence of total support for Gun Rights?"

Can you cite a part of the letter that would lead to the conclusion that we are "supporting the wrong gun group" in some way?
OT

1st freedom

imported post

Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:

Basically the absence of total support for Gun Rights, for a Start, and the fact that there has been as much compromising done by the NRA, as things accomplished, It just seems that the NRA are selecting what things to support instead of Supporting all Anti Gun Issues and Laws.

I will say that in the past they were a good Orgination and were doing a good job but I don't think this is true today, I will keep watching but until they come back I won't be the Total Supporting member like I was, and this the reason I made the Personal decision to cancel my Membership.

No I am not saying that others should do the same, they are members for their own reasons and I have no problem with that.

Looks like a statement to me :question:!

Where,s the question ??

So you let your membership lapes insted of getting your fellow gun owners to join ? Have you ever heard of " strength in numbers "

Kelly J

imported post

1st freedom wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:

Basically the absence of total support for Gun Rights, for a Start, and the fact that there has been as much compromising done by the NRA, as things accomplished, It just seems that the NRA are selecting what things to support instead of Supporting all Anti Gun Issues and Laws.

I will say that in the past they were a good Orgination and were doing a good job but I don't think this is true today, I will keep watching but until they come back I won't be the Total Supporting member like I was, and this the reason I made the Personal decision to cancel my Membership.

No I am not saying that others should do the same, they are members for their own reasons and I have no problem with that.

Looks like a statement to me :question:!

Where,s the question ??

So you let your membership lapes insted of getting your fellow gun owners to join ? Have you ever heard of " strength in numbers "

OT

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:

And as a point of fact I said nothing about a Total Lack of Support, in fact I said nothing at all.
No, you did. In your second post above. You said what was wrong with the NRA letter was: "Basically the absence of total support for Gun Rights, for a Start,"

Do you have an articulable basis for your posting of the NRA letter, the question, or your statement that the NRA has an "absence of total support for Gun Rights" in the letter you posted.

Kelly J

imported post

HankT wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:

And as a point of fact I said nothing about a Total Lack of Support, in fact I said nothing at all.
No, you did. In your second post above. You said what was wrong with the NRA letter was: "Basically the absence of total support for Gun Rights, for a Start,"

Do you have an articulable basis for your posting of the NRA letter, the question, or your statement that the NRA has an "absence of total support for Gun Rights" in the letter you posted.

OT