• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celebrate Fairfax

IanB

imported post

Howdy all,

There was some discussion a while back about having an OCDO meetup at Celebrate Fairfax.

http://www.celebratefairfax.org/

The dates are June8 -10.I'm planning to go on Saturday myself.

Issue: They will be serving beer for on-site consumption. CC not allowed, you MUST open carry to comply with the law. I haven't seen any notice banning firearmson the website, and I don't think they CAN bar firearms based on pre-emtion.

Anyone else going to this?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

They know they are preempted - this has been resolved in past.

I have concealed carry there in past - I don't believe that the entire open field is a "restaurant or club" for purposes of the OC requirement at 18.2-308(J3).

Remember, not all alcohol serving events/locations require OC; Governor Allen did a veto-change to J3 to ensure special events were not covered.

DeadCenter

imported post

Mike wrote:
They know they are preempted - this has been resolved in past.

I have concealed carry there in past - I don't believe that the entire open field is a "restaurant or club" for purposes of the OC requirement at 18.2-308(J3).

Remember, not all alcohol serving events/locations require OC; Governor Allen did a veto-change to J3 to ensure special events were not covered.

Can you provide the document because this has come upmore than once for me.

Thanks in advance

Deadcenter

DeadCenter

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Howdy all,

There was some discussion a while back about having an OCDO meetup at Celebrate Fairfax.

Issue: They will be serving beer for on-site consumption. CC not allowed, you MUST open carry to comply with the law. I haven't seen any notice banning firearmson the website, and I don't think they CAN bar firearms based on pre-emtion.

NS - the wife and I may come up -- Will let you know later.

DC

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Howdy all,

Sounds like fun for our family too. Saturday works.

Agreed - not a restaurant or club - so I think we're ok either open or concealed; personal preference. Still, I'll do more checking before I show up (there's also the nice part about almost always carrying a purse <grin>;).

Didn't we actually talk about having a VCDL booth there?

Edit - OH, but they DO ban chairs, we learned.

IanB

imported post

From the Celebrate Fairfax website:

DO'S & DON'TS
- DO bring friends and family and have a great time!
- DO enjoy the live, continuous music from local, regional and national entertainers!
- DO taste the delicacies of the many food offerings!
- DO drive home safely!

BUT WHATEVER YOU DO...
- DON'T bring lawn chairs or beach chairs
- DON'T bring pets or animals with the exception of service animals
- DON'T bring coolers or glass containers
- DON'T bring skateboards, bicycles or inline skates
- DON’T bring alcohol

IanB

imported post

Tess wrote:
Didn't we actually talk about having a VCDL booth there?
The exhibitor booths are all spoken for. That DOES NOT preclude VCDL members from carrying membership flyers and passing them out to curious citizens who ask about our guns.

DeadCenter

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
From the Celebrate Fairfax website:

DO'S & DON'TS
- DO bring friends and family and have a great time!
- DO enjoy the live, continuous music from local, regional and national entertainers!
- DO taste the delicacies of the many food offerings!
- DO drive home safely!

BUT WHATEVER YOU DO...
- DON'T bring lawn chairs or beach chairs
- DON'T bring pets or animals with the exception of service animals
- DON'T bring coolers or glass containers
- DON'T bring skateboards, bicycles or inline skates
- DON’T bring alcohol
Ok -- That's cool. Sounds like a ride is in order.

DC

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Last time I was there, too, the parking was at Fair Oaks Mall, and shuttle busses ran us to/from the government center. Do they still do that?