• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have Enbloc Clips?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, there was a paperwork error, so the CMP ammo won't be here until Monday and I still haven't found any clips. Maybe in an Army Navy store up in NJ. Leaving after work, so no time to shop. We'll still have fun....loading that one poor lonely clip. My thumb will be killing me! Oh well.... lol...

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I did see them on the list, but thought it was too far. Dad said it's about an hour drive. I'll see when we get up there. Hitting the road, catch you later and thanks for the help!!

EDIT: Oh well, just called Davis and can't use milsurp ammo that attracts a magnet. CMP ammo all does (steel jacketed and copper washed, not AP) and there's no commercial ammo specifically suited to the gas pressure curve of the M1 without installing an adjustable gas port. I don't want to spend my time with Dad tuning the rifle, just enjoying ourselves. I'm begining to get the feeling that we shouldn't go shooting......

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav

You should be able to shoot any factory 180-220 grain bullet ammo in your rifle. If you can find the heavier bullets it will perform better, but the 180s should still work fine.

It should be available at almost any gun shop worthy of the name. It won't be cheap, but I would be surprised if you need more than 100 rounds for one sitting unless you have been doing a lot of large caliber rifle shooting lately. Sitting at a bench shooting a 30-06 can get punishing unless you are accustomed to it.

Regards

sitedzn

imported post

BobCav,

were you able to get any clips? i was at the richmond gun show today and saw a guy who had a box full of them for $0.75 each. not sure if that's a bargain, but i still nearly grabbed a handfull for you. not sure how i'd get them to you tho...

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yep, I sure did, 96 of them, in fact! Thanks for asking.CMP finally straigntened out my ammo order the Monday after I got back, so I have a whole case of Greek surplus HXP in clips and bandoleers.

We found a public range in PA had a great time shooting. Here's a couple pics:

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

sitedzn

imported post

Bob,

been out with your new kids lately? we should hook up sometime and i'll play the bad guys with my Jap 6.5 Arisaka. i finally found some brass for it today so now i just need to order the dies for it and i'll be ready to go! i may bring along my Rem 700 too. shooting that baby this coming friday at Quantico in the 1000 yd individual F-class. should be very interesting - the X-ring is only 5". the f-class targets are half the size of the normal 1000 yd target (you get to bag the gun instead of just holding it with a sling).

last week as i was testing loads i was at the bench next to a guy with a garand. i had 30-06 casings bouncing off my head! just glad one of the clips didn't fly over.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LOL... all we need now is someone with a K98 Mauser! Nope, haven't playedlately. I need to finish the M1 and 03A3 stocks, but I have a yet to be fired War Baby, my .30 cal Inland Carbine!

LOL. The enblocs don't fly up too far, but the brass should have ejected more towards the 2 o'clock position, saving your head.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ooohhhh....me likey! I just got my C&R....and I have to keep it in a completely separate room from my checkbook and credit cards....

I have a pretty good list of what to get here in the next few months...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Acknowledged on the Rem. 03/A3 and Sprgfld 03 possession.

Who is the distinguished-looking fellow in the VERY COOL t-shirt?

As an asideon the t-shirt, Marine Gen. Lewis (Chesty) Puller once said the Springfield 1903 was the best battle rifle every made.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Acknowledged on the Rem. 03/A3 and Sprgfld 03 possession.

Who is the distinguished-looking fellow in the VERY COOL t-shirt?

As an asideon the t-shirt, Marine Gen. Lewis (Chesty) Puller once said the Springfield 1903 was the best battle rifle every made.

That's my dad, Bob Sr. He hadn't held a Garand since his days in the Corps and was thrilled to go shooting. That day, he fired just one shot with the 'O3 and stayed with the Garand the rest of the time. Little easier recoil, but he loved the Garand and had one for a while in the Corps. He only carried one in Basic and after that became a BAR-man. Don't have one of those...(yet)!

I'm planning on getting another Garand to give to Dad. He's not a hunter, or even a shooter, but he'd love to own one. I'll give him that with a certificate for asafety training course and membership in a local Garand club. Then when I visit, we can go shooting together with our own guns.