• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have Enbloc Clips?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Folks, I need a hookup. Does anyone local inNOVA have any or know where I can locally purchase enblock clips for my Garand? I need at least a dozen, more if possible. I had hoped to bring my Garand to go shooting with my dad this weekend, but have only 1 clip that came with the Garand.

When I ordered my CMP rifles, I ordered a case (780 rds) of Greek milsurp .30-06 in clips and bandoleers. CMP sent me the wrong case, 480 rds in boxes, but no clips. I told them I would pay for the case I received, but still needed the clipped case of ammoI already paid for. More ammo is always better, and they were really receptive and offered to sell it to me free of shipping charges. Problem is that the original case isn't here yet (there was a screw-up with the shipping) and probably won't get here before Friday, so I need enbloc clips!

Any help is most appreciated!

Pics of clips:
enblocclip4787.jpg
enblocclip4790.jpg

n1tdnn.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Never heard of 'em. But I've got a couple hickory ramrods with brass ferrules if you ever want to shoot a real rifle. :D

Got a couple hand-made flints, too, if you're ever having trouble with those new-fangled primers.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You kids...I wondered when you would ask for these.

Reloading the one you have will allow the barrel to cool between volleys, extend the life of your rifle, and give you an appreciation for the hard working people at the munitions factory. So I will not cough any up. Beside, if I give them to you how would I feel my own pet Garand?

If you had bought a Johnson Rifle you would only need standard "strippers" you use for your '03.

But you might try, Potomac arms in alexandria, or Numeric arms express mail order. Also there is a gun shop out near where we had lunch after the recent show (the name escapes me at the moment). They do a lot of rebuilds and "smithing" on military rifles and they might have some in stock.

Regards

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Potomac Arms would be great if they weren't out of business. Best bet would be Dominion Arms out on Rt 28.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks, Hawk! (I think...lol) Grandma used to work in Picatinny Arsenal in WWII doing just that!

Shooting and reloading one enbloc at a time......real funny! lol....

Thanks for the tip on Potomac Arms. They're not too far from work. I'll call them in the AM and maybe take a ride at lunch tomorrow.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Potomac Arms would be great if they weren't out of business.  Best bet would be Dominion Arms out on Rt 28. 

(with a note of shock in his voice he asks) I quit shopping there after they elected Moran the second time. When did they close?

longwatch

imported post

Last year man.:cry: They elected Moran a second time in 1992 maybe you should have gone by there more often:D

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Last year man.:cry: They elected Moran a second time in 1992 maybe you should have gone by there more often:D

No, I figured if the people in Alexandria, wanted that kind of representation, they didn't have anything I needed in the whole dam place. When I commute I go South now, so it is a real trip for me to get over there now.

Regards

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Hey Bob dont waste you time, Potomac Arms is no more.

Thanks Andy. I e-mailed CMP and told them I was disappointed they screwed up the original order and now this second "fix" too.

I'm checking Midway now. Maybe alocal Army Navy store?

backdraft1009

imported post

[align=left]hey bob
i thought i remembered you bein from the tidewater area, if so ill be home for the next dinner and ive got 12 or so ill give ya if that helps. let me know and ill bring em.
-B
[/align]

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Never heard of 'em. But I've got a couple hickory ramrods with brass ferrules if you ever want to shoot a real rifle. :D

Got a couple hand-made flints, too, if you're ever having trouble with those new-fangled primers.
Got Lead?
One of my relatives on momma's side was Col. Robert Forrest Jackson Beauregard from Alabama. He was a supply officer for the South. He stashed away a little bit atthe end of the Wa'a. We been usin' it evah since.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks, backdraft... I appreciate the thought, but have no way to get them. I live in Springfield, VA now but did livefor 9 years in VB while in the Canoe Club.

longwatch

imported post

The only store that really has a lot of surplus type firearms that I know of is Dominion Arms out in Centerville on rt 28.

Flowmaster

imported post

i'd try calling around some surplus places. i know ranger surplus in tysons carries some magazines (a very limited assortment) and some shoulder harness concealed carry holsters. might be worth a phone call.

the sunny's in manassas (near dick's sporting goods) was going out of business last time i drove by there, so i wouldn't bother trying to get in touch with them.

the gun shop in fairfax circle is out of business now. you know, the place that was really close to the high school. AA guns or AAA guns. they used to have lots of milsurp guns, but they've been gone for a good year or so now.

last time i was at blue ridge arsenal i found one of those clips in my shooting lane. i picked it up and someone had written BAD on the side of it with a marker. i threw it away :lol:

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm still looking, but CMP replied to me today admitting their mistake and areovernighting the ammo to me. I'll have 768 rds in 96 clips tomorrow. Should keep us busy for a couple hours!

lol..... Now to load the strippers for the 03 Springfield....

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BobCav wrote:
I'm still looking, but CMP replied to me today admitting their mistake and areovernighting the ammo to me. I'll have 768 rds in 96 clips tomorrow. Should keep us busy for a couple hours!

lol..... Now to load the strippers for the 03 Springfield....
Sounds like REAL Customer Service, though. Hope all goes well. Let us know, Bob.