• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Check this out!!!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good site. Wasn't one of the "networks" looking for this type of information to interview those who had used a gun in self defense? I guess they don't teach "web surfing" in college, these days. I'm so glad, and proud, that my oldest dropped "journalism" and became a landscape architect - Yep Engineering at Va. Tech - Go Hokies... and she's happy too!

sitedzn

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Good site. Wasn't one of the "networks" looking for this type of information to interview those who had used a gun in self defense? I guess they don't teach "web surfing" in college, these days. I'm so glad, and proud, that my oldest dropped "journalism" and became a landscape architect - Yep Engineering at Va. Tech - Go Hokies... and she's happy too!

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! i take offense to your blaspheme there! an LA and and Engineer are WORLDS apart!!! i worked for and engineering company out of school that had the majority of their "designers" were LAs. the problem i had trying to train the new LAs is that most of them don't know math. kind of hard to teachbasic hydraulics and hydrology w/o math skills.

don't get me wrong - us engineers need LAs too. damn counties require landscape plans to be submitted w/ our site drawings:p.

edit: please detect the sarcasm. i do know a lot of LAs who eventually got pretty good at site design.