Thread: High capacity magazine in VT

Post imported post

http://richmonddemocrat.blogspot.com...d-assault.html

No, I don't frequent these sights. Business is slow today, and I have found some crap out there that I wish to share. Is this true? did Cho have 33 round mags? I didn' think he had more than the standard mags for his glock and the 10 round mags for his Walther (not that this was an insignificant amount of firepower).

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I think it's a blogger lie. I have not found any credible news sites mentiong the 33-round magazines.

http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/224258.php references a VSP statement that he used "standard issue" magazines.

---

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

I seriously doubt that he had/used 33 rd. mags. I bought two of them when I first got my Glock 19 and they were nothing but trouble. The bigger the magazine, the greater the chance that it will malfunction. Granted, there's only one moving part in a magazine, but when you have one that that holds 33 rounds it requires a hefty spring. Fully loading the mag puts tremendous pressure on the sides as the double-stacked rounds press against it, and that causes binding and therefore feed problems. I couldn't get my gun to go through even one fully-loaded magazine without problems, so I gave them to a guy I know who wanted them for his collection.

Post imported post

Haven't you watched and news or read any papers at all?

He had clips!

Post imported post

Kevin108 wrote:

He had clips!
    Has it been reported how many mags he actually had with him? For the G19, at least. I saw the reporting that he fired 170 rounds but how many of those were 9mm?

Post imported post

Kevin108 wrote:

He had clips!

I'm sorry, clips.

Post imported post

I know an LEO who had the greusome task of guarding the crime scene while detectives and crime scene eggheads processed the evidence. He said he saw several discarded magazines which were "standard size," meaning either 17 round normal capicity or 10 round Clinton-knee jerk reduced capacity.

He did not see any long mag 33-rounders which are quite distinctive. Unless they were in a part of the building which he wasn't securing, the statement that he had 33 rounders is a fib.