• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

High capacity magazine in VT

.40 Cal

State Researcher

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I seriously doubt that he had/used 33 rd. mags. I bought two of them when I first got my Glock 19 and they were nothing but trouble. The bigger the magazine, the greater the chance that it will malfunction. Granted, there's only one moving part in a magazine, but when you have one that that holds 33 rounds it requires a hefty spring. Fully loading the mag puts tremendous pressure on the sides as the double-stacked rounds press against it, and that causes binding and therefore feed problems. I couldn't get my gun to go through even one fully-loaded magazine without problems, so I gave them to a guy I know who wanted them for his collection.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
Haven't you watched and news or read any papers at all?

He had clips! :lol:
Has it been reported how many mags he actually had with him? For the G19, at least. I saw the reporting that he fired 170 rounds but how many of those were 9mm?

Chronoshifter

imported post

I know an LEO who had the greusome task of guarding the crime scene while detectives and crime scene eggheads processed the evidence. He said he saw several discarded magazines which were "standard size," meaning either 17 round normal capicity or 10 round Clinton-knee jerk reduced capacity.

He did not see any long mag 33-rounders which are quite distinctive. Unless they were in a part of the building which he wasn't securing, the statement that he had 33 rounders is a fib.