Thread: Dave Kopel Debates Anti

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA

Post imported post

Dave Kopel and an anti- had five dueling columns in the LA Times over gun-control. Kopel presents some nice info. Some that I hadn't known. (Of course, that's not saying much.)

At the bottom of thefirst pair of columns there is a button for the next pair of columns.

I came across it on the blog, "Of Arms and the Law," by David Hardy @
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moscow, ID

Post imported post

Really great reading! Kopel is fantastic, and although I disagree whole-heartedly with Mr. Lockwood, I have no problem respecting his half of the debates. One of my very best friends is of a similar view (he's from Chicago), but when it's a clean fight, you can't judge the person for their opinion.