• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Delaware??!!

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Hi. I'm new here to this site, but not new to guns. I've lived in DE since 1997, and for the past 2 years I've been interested in getting my CCDW permit. The high cost of doing so ($500 min), the public advertisements of my application, the need for 5character references, and other issues have kept me in a holding pattern for applying and starting the whole process.

But after finding this site, it sounds like I don't even have to worry about a CCDW permit.

Is this true? Can I open carry practically everywhere in DE and not get into trouble or thrown in jail for causing a public stir?

I know the State constitution guarantees our right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, hunting, and recreational purposes. But I thought OC here was frowned upon, especially by the police?

Are you guys telling me that I can OC here without worry?????? Are you telling me that many Delawareans already OC al the time, everywhere??

What special precautions do you need to take? Are there places where you can't legally OC? What do you say to any LEO that stop you? Etc Etc....

Thanks for any input on this. I must admit, OC here in DE is a totally new concept to me. But I'd LOVE to be able to do it.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Thanks for the welcome, lockman. :)

I did see the thread on DE, and I think I'll copy-n-paste my questions in there, too. And I did see the map and links on the main page.

I was more interested in hearing from other peopleand their experiences in DE and how LEO's take to them OC-ing in a State where it's legal, but almost frowned upon.