• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where do you buy your handguns from?

• Gun shop, physical store.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pawn shop, physical store.

• Sporting goods retail outlet at physical store.

• Vendor with FFL at a gun show.

• Vendor with FFL online through the vendor's own web site.

• Online listing service (e.g., Gunbroker, GunsAmerica) from either FFL holder or private seller.

• Face to face private sale--at gun show.

• Face to face private sale--not at gun show.

• In person at estate sales or auctions.

• Total voters

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Virtually everyone here owns and carries (openly or concealed) a handgun for self-defense. Where and how do you buy your handgun(s)?

It is assumed that all sales are completed in full compliance with all state and federal laws.

In this poll you can select as many options as you wish.

Flowmaster

imported post

i've found many good deals at gun shows. the trick is to go right when it opens, that's when there is the most selection. all the good deals on guns get snatched up early. i got a taurus PT22 for $181 including taxes and background check fee. suggested retail on the taurus website is $236. brand new, in box. he had like 5 of them.

i've never bought a handgun private sale before, i've always gone through the FFL process.

gregma

imported post

Flowmaster wrote:
i've found many good deals at gun shows. the trick is to go right when it opens, that's when there is the most selection.
This is interesting. I've found the best deals "for me" to be right before the show closes. People are more willing to negotiate just to get rid of it.

I got a Beretta 92fs and a Remington 870 12-guage both together for $435+tax 1/2 hour before the show closed. Orginially he wanted $485 for the Beretta and $175 for the Remmy.

Thanks!
Greg

casullshooter

imported post

I have found Virginia Arms in Manassas , Va very good to deal with . Their prices are usually about 10% under MSRP , the staff is very knowledgeable and professional as well .

daniel.call

imported post

I always buy used if the weapon I want is available. A lot of people buy guns but never get to the range with them. I think my HK may never have been fired. I can normally find weapons with extra magazines or holsters or some kind of goodies. I just don't like to pay full price for anything. Plus you don't have to deal with the irritation of having to prove you are a good person.

VAopencarry

imported post

Actually, I don't want to. I mean, I do but am very aware of not wanting to be 'pimpin' here. Obvious to those that know me but maybe not so to others, that's not why I am here at OCDO. In fact, we just had a big sale Friday and Saturday but I didn't want to 'advertise' the fact here. Had a drawing for $511.00 of 5.11 gear and a drawing for a S&W M&P.

reverend, that was hysterical:lol::lol:

Marine Mafia Trifecta:)

TEX1N

imported post

VAopencarry, personally I don't care. If you want to it would not bother me. Although I understand where you are coming from.

Reverend, I have to agree with VAopencarry, that was a great post! I missed it the first time I scanned the page.

cvc

imported post

I prefera private, face to face sale........ that way mynameand gun is not on any government list. :shock:

tarzan1888

imported post

My first handgun I bought at pawn shop, the second I bought at a gun shop. My third I bought at a sporting goods store and then my last two at a gun store.

Five guns at four different stores ot three different types.

Go figure.

:shock: