• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO meetup? 06/04/07

IanB

imported post

I plan on attending the session in Burke, I will be videotaping the entiremeeting and posting it online. Sorry, I'm not committed enough to join y'all in Centreville.

If they allow questions and/or comments I would like to say something, so if someone else could handle the camera during that time I'd appreciate it.

I'm also game for eats after the Library session.

bohdi

imported post

I will double check but I could make the Centreville one, it's right around the corner of my house. Can bring my GL2 and videotape the event as well if that's desired.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Drat, I just carefully read the OP, and realized there are two! I'm thinking it's worth making the one in Burke, and then determining whether to go to Centerville. I'm always up for evening events that involve carrying guns and not doing housework :lol:

IanB

imported post

[align=center]Penalty Flag on the play!!
[/align]
Referencing a website resource without a link! Citizen to the penalty box!

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

Penalty will be assessed from the spot of the foul, automatic first down. Please reset the game clock to 01:51:00 EST ;) that will also be a 5 minute major penalty for above said offense.

happy carrying

jason

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
[align=center]Penalty Flag on the play!!
[/align]Referencing a website resource without a link! Citizen to the penalty box!

Nice try fellas; there is a difference between a cite and a link. :)

But, my other foot doesn't have any holes in it if you want to take another shot.:):p

VAopencarry

imported post

I agree citing without a link is not a penalty. It is just poor form:p

bodhi, we must be neighbors, I live 'right around the corner' from the C-ville library also.

bohdi

imported post

It will be interesting to meet you guys, VAOpen we're probably closer than you think. Been working the wife over about carrying. She's not anti-gun, I actually took her shooting on her first birthday we were together, she shot saddam between the legs and had a huge smile on her face over atBlueRidge. Though sheisn't comfortable with me carrying every day, and for employment reasonsit would be a real inconvienence - can'twear at work and would have to park off site. Of course the summer vacation trip she's got no problem with - still trying to figure that one out, probably because her dad and brother do.

I'll only be armed with my videocamera, lol. I read somewhere else that someone edited out names and addresses from the previous meeting. Does anyone know ifI'd have to get approval to video tape the meeting?

VApatriot

imported post

HELL NO THEY DON'T! NOT IN MY TOWN!:X

Ihave a class on Monday night, but if I get outearly enough, I will be at Kings Park Library, and I will check out every book on guns that I can find!

IanB

imported post

From the latest VCDL Alert:

With one exception. A woman who was with the "Million Mom March" was acting obnoxious and doing some heckling (anyone surprised by that?). The police kept an eye on her. At one point she went around the rope and rushed into the building, right up to the door of the meeting room. Dennis O'Connor followed her and was prepared to alert the police if she began disrupting the meeting, but she listened for a few minutes and then returned back outside.
And...

When the winner had been drawn, the MMM protester yelled in an obnoxious voice that all the winners were going to be inside the building and that the whole thing was rigged

vrwmiller

imported post

I am seriously considering attending the 6/4 meeting in Centreville. Are there any of you who will definitely be there?

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

Ok guys, the first one is right around the corner.

Monday, May 21, at 7 p.m.

Kings Park Library
9000 Burke Lake Rd.
Burke, VA 22015-1683

A good firend pointed out that we should have some good questions ready for our certified expert. Who's coming?

Do we want to arrange any carpooling/bikepooling?