• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO meetup? 06/04/07

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

I've heard of a recent spate of guns attacking people. Nothing frightens Mr. Y more than the prospect of machines rising up and taking over. We have to put a stop to this NOW!

The Million Mom March of Northern Virginia
What: An informational meeting about U.S. and Virginia gun laws
Who: All concerned Virginia residents are invited
Are you confused by state and federal gun laws? How does our government keep
guns out of the wrong hands? Can and should gun laws be strengthened? What
can we do to prevent school shootings and other gun violence?
Our guest speaker will be Bob Ricker, former chief lobbyist for the National
Rifle Association who now advocates for sensible gun laws and is a
recognized expert on federal and state regulations.
Monday, May 21, at 7 p.m.

Kings Park Library
9000 Burke Lake Rd.
Burke, VA 22015-1683

Monday, June 4, at 7 p.m.
Centreville Regional Library
14200 St. Germain Dr.
Centreville, VA 20121-2299

For more information, please contact us at: mmmnova@yahoo.com

Any good restaurants in the area?

unrequited

imported post

That sounds like a great idea... but only if I'm not the only OCDO member present. It would be a great informational session and way to show people that a man with a gun isn't a murderer with a gun... Dunno if a lot of people would have the guts to pull it off though heh.

1st freedom

imported post

I know that the Brady Bunch and the Mom's o million don't like to confuse the issue's with fact's, but,, Bob Ricker was never the chief loddyist for the NRA.

In the 1980's he was an asst contract attorney in the office of General Councel.He worked there for a short time and went on to do some lobbying others in the gun industy.

It surprises me that they would twist the facts like that to to immplie somthing that is other than what it really is :what:

vrwmiller

imported post

1st freedom wrote:
I know that the Brady Bunch and the Mom's o million don't like to confuse the issue's with fact's, but,, Bob Ricker was never the chief loddyist for the NRA.

In the 1980's he was an asst contract attorney in the office of General Councel.He worked there for a short time and went on to do some lobbying others in the gun industy.

It surprises me that they would twist the facts like that to to immplie somthing that is other than what it really is :what:

Not advocating such behavior, but I wonder what it would do to his credibility in the context of this event if someone were to ask the speaker about this inconcistency.

1st freedom

imported post

I have never OC'ed in a library before.

Do you think we would get some friendly looks,? :lol::lol::lol:

O'h and don't forget to wear your 2nd Amendment T- shirt

unrequited

imported post

I'm absolutely serious in that if a bunch of people go, that I'd go, we just need to reach a critical mass for it to take off on its own. This sounds like a wonderful night of spirited (to put it mildly) debate and good eats.

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
I've heard of a recent spate of guns attacking people. Nothing frightens Mr. Y more than the prospect of machines rising up and taking over. We have to put a stop to this NOW!

The Million Mom March of Northern Virginia
What: An informational meeting about U.S. and Virginia gun laws
Who: All concerned Virginia residents are invited
Are you confused by state and federal gun laws? How does our government keep
guns out of the wrong hands? Can and should gun laws be strengthened? What
can we do to prevent school shootings and other gun violence?
Our guest speaker will be Bob Ricker, former chief lobbyist for the National
Rifle Association who now advocates for sensible gun laws and is a
recognized expert on federal and state regulations.
Monday, May 21, at 7 p.m.

Kings Park Library
9000 Burke Lake Rd.
Burke, VA 22015-1683

Monday, June 4, at 7 p.m.
Centreville Regional Library
14200 St. Germain Dr.
Centreville, VA 20121-2299

For more information, please contact us at: mmmnova@yahoo.com

Any good restaurants in the area?
There are a ton of place to eat at around the centreville regional library!

King's Park....only about a mile or 2 from my house, glory days sports bar, austin grill, asian grill in west springfield (by the west springifield police station), Spartan's family restaurant, taco bell/kfc, mcdonalds.

Im down

happy carrying

jason

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

unrequited wrote:
That sounds like a great idea... but only if I'm not the only OCDO member present. It would be a great informational session and way to show people that a man with a gun isn't a murderer with a gun... Dunno if a lot of people would have the guts to pull it off though heh.
I'm in. It wouldn't be the first time I've open-carried at a political Q&A in a library. Can't speak for the rest of the family, but I'm there.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I am definitely in! This is not going to fly unanswered. Everybody got your "Guns Save Lives Buttons?"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If I recall, one of the Ffx Co Supervisors has her office in the building or nearby the Kings Park Library. I'll bet she'll be there. Sharon Bulova, I think.

This looks like a planned campaign folks. We need to be at both.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

Mr. Y would like to point out that this tip off is courtesy of the OCDO famous

S U P E R Moderator...

As stated before, with these machines rising up to enslave humanity, we have to nip this in the bud. I've been wondering all day -

If it's possible to limp wrist and malfunction a semi auto pistol then how the heck do they manage to fireoff all those rounds all by themselves without malfucntioning?

So what about near the burke library, any good eats?

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
Mr. Y would like to point out that this tip off is courtesy of the OCDO famous

S U P E R Moderator...

As stated before, with these machines rising up to enslave humanity, we have to nip this in the bud. I've been wondering all day -

If it's possible to limp wrist and malfunction a semi auto pistol then how the heck do they manage to fireoff all those rounds all by themselves without malfucntioning?

So what about near the burke library, any good eats?
see my previous reply

VAopencarry

imported post

There are a ton of restaurants within spitting distance of the C-ville library. I don't know the name of them though.. :) I'll get back to ya.......

Wooley

imported post

But even if they show up, we're just going to listen and exercise our right to OC. Maybe ask a few questions. It wouldn't be a protest or assembly would it?