Thread: blackhawk serpa duty level 2

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I am looking at the blackhawk serpa level 2 retention duty holster for open carry. It seems to me to be ideal for open carry on a motorcycle with the ability to get a jacket all the way down to the beltline without covering it.

I also called blackhawk and found that I can take the holster off of the belt loop and mount it to any of the other platforms available for the CQC.

I plan on using it with my 3.5" barrel paraordinance LDA 1911 clone. I will try to cut the extra 1.5" off the end.

Has anyonehad any experience with this particular holster?

Post imported post

2 threads already started concerning the Blackhawk Serpa. Haven't used mine on the bike yet but it seems to me like it would hold it well enough.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/1259.html

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/1259.html

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Those threads seem to only refer to the CQC model. I was wondering if anybody had the duty model.

Post imported post

My humble apologies. Wasn't aware that there was a difference.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Is this the holster you are inquiring about?
    ---

Post imported post

It looks mighty similar to the CQC Serpa, and in that respect, I own one for my XD .45. It's comfortable as ever on its paddle, the belt loop attachment is butter if you have an appropriately sized belt (you can switch width with screws), and I do go the extra bit and carry openly on my Blackhawk Shoulder Rig when I'm dressed to impress. Looks a bit more classy than a hip holster with a tie. > )

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=41SH
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

From the following article I read that I think that the Level II is just the updated CQC? Am I reading something wrong? Blackhawk.com changed their backend stuff, and I can't pull up my order history to compare the two items directly.

http://www.defensereview.com/modules...le&sid=913
    -Unrequited

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yes rlh2005, that's the holster. The difference between it and the CQC is the belt loop hangs the holster lower and farther out, and the holster it self is different it covers the rear sight. It's also much more expensive.

The CQC was designed for concealed carry. The duty model was designed for uniformed LEO and security carry. It seems that it would be ideal for open carry then.

I was just wondering if anybody had this model. How comfortable is it to wear? Does it get in the way when driving a car? Those kind of things.

Post imported post

I recently asked an armored car driver about the rig, he was wearing one. He said it is awkward while driving.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

State Researcher

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    I recently asked an armored car driver about the rig, he was wearing one. He said it is awkward while driving.
    That's what I was wondering about. If my CQC with a full size 1911 digs into the seat and/or my ribs while driving, what would it be like with a low riding holster like that?

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

Love mine. My very annoying friend could not take it from me. It drove him nuts.

I very much doubt that it would fallout ofthe holster on a motorcycle ride.

I am going to buy a thigh platform for my holster to use when I am doing EMT stuff:what:. I call that scene safety.

My Dad also has one for his 1911 he loves it. ( O.K so it is my dad's holster but it fits my favorite hand gun).

Sister in Christ,

Chantal.

[line]

Post imported post

liberty or death wrote:
    I am going to buy a thigh platform for my holster to use when I am doing EMT stuff:what:. I call that scene safety.

Sister in Christ,

Chantal.

[line]
    This is a joke, right? You don't really think that this is a good idea..

Post imported post

Lew wrote:
    liberty or death wrote:

Sister in Christ,

Chantal.

[line]
    This is a joke, right? You don't really think that this is a good idea..

Yesit was a jokeNo I do not think that is a good Idea. No the platform holster is for my walks in the woods.