• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Governor Tim Kaine (D) labels NYC Mayor Bloomberg (R) and his henchman as "rogues&

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This whole issue is more than just a little serious. I would think that the Department of Justice would have some voice in someone attempting to enforce the law this far out of their legal jurisdiction.

Of course Bloomberg bases his mission on the most interesting of statistics. Last time I looked citizens in his jurisdiction were prohibited from handgun ownership (without political connections). This of course has all but closed every gun shop in his city.

So what a surprise that 80% of the guns in his city come from someplace else. He also carefully overlooks that while these weapons may be illegal in his city, many are actually brought there when people move to his city from locations where they were legally acquired and possessed. For some reason they feel the need to protect themselves from one of the highest crime rates in the entire nation. Of course removing these from the count of guns seized would kind of deflate the justification he is using.

Last time I looked the mayor of a city took an oath to recognize the law. I do not remember any exemption for laws of other jurisdictions. Our guys here in Virginia are doing the right thing, with the exception of failing to file charges against Bloomberg.

The DOJ should charge him for conspiracy to violate the laws of Virginia, and add to that a RICO charge for running a continuing criminal organization. Under RICO they could confiscate everything he owns. Since he is acting outside his jurisdiction, he would not be protected by any immunity being a mayor might otherwise offer.

Regards

Oh yea, When they are done they should throw away the key.

TEX1N

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
Maybe Kaine isn't so bad after all. It could be worse (think PRNJ, PRHI, PRNY, etc.

It probably doesn't hurt that Kaine is a Democrat and Bloomberg is a Republican. For once the party divide could be playing to the advantage of gun owners!