Thread: The g/f reacted well to this

State Researcher

Post imported post

I was very, very proud of my girlfriend today.

First off she does not have a Permit, as I do, but she can legally use my firearm when she is here as long as she is on my property.

I was at work and the 'cable guy' came here at about 11am. I cancelled my cable on March 23rd, today is May 12th, so that is a little weird in itself. Secondly the cable should be cut at the box OUTSIDE!

So he begins to tell her that he needs to come inside and move the tv and cut the cable, which is untrue, even if I was here I would never let him in to turn off the cable, as they can do this from the box outside, what would they have done if I moved? Bad excuse from this guy claiming to be the 'cable man'.

My girlfriend told him that she did not live here and that I would be home at noon, and he said it would 'only take a couple minutes' and that he really needed to do it today and he could not come back, she then continued to talk to this guy and kept telling him no, he asked at least 4 times that she can remember, after the second attempt she went into my kitchen and took my firearm and put it into her purse to tell him no for the 3rd and 4th times.

The gun did not play a major factor in this, nor did this 'cable guy' know she had one in her reach, but I was very proud in the way she reacted to the situation. I specifically leave my firearm at home in these instances when I work down the street and she will be here alone, I live in a very nice neighborhood, but that doesn't stop criminals from coming in!

I am about to call my old cable company right now to report this as suspicious and see if anyone was really supposed to come out today.

I will update this when I find out.

State Researcher

Post imported post

She should have threatened to cut off his "cable" if he didn't leave right now. :what:

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

Good for her dude, I would have told the guy once he wasn't coming in and if he didn't leave the property I was calling the police. Usually gets them to leave. Would have called them too if he didn't go.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

What does "g/f" mean?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    What does "g/f" mean?
    Gun fondler.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

State Researcher

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    What does "g/f" mean?
    Gun fondler.
    This is my weapon, this is my gun, one is for...

LoveMyCountry

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    What does "g/f" mean?
    Gun fondler.

LoveMyCountry
    I wonder if this explains why LEO229 keeps hinting at checking my serial number?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    LoveMyCountry wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    What does "g/f" mean?
    Gun fondler.

LoveMyCountry
    I wonder if this explains why LEO229 keeps hinting at checking my serial number?
    :what:

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    What does "g/f" mean?
    Girlfriend
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    I was very, very proud of my girlfriend today.

First off she does not have a Permit, as I do, but she can legally use my firearm when she is here as long as she is on my property.

I was at work and the 'cable guy' came here at about 11am. I cancelled my cable on March 23rd, today is May 12th, so that is a little weird in itself. Secondly the cable should be cut at the box OUTSIDE!

So he begins to tell her that he needs to come inside and move the tv and cut the cable, which is untrue, even if I was here I would never let him in to turn off the cable, as they can do this from the box outside, what would they have done if I moved? Bad excuse from this guy claiming to be the 'cable man'.

My girlfriend told him that she did not live here and that I would be home at noon, and he said it would 'only take a couple minutes' and that he really needed to do it today and he could not come back, she then continued to talk to this guy and kept telling him no, he asked at least 4 times that she can remember, after the second attempt she went into my kitchen and took my firearm and put it into her purse to tell him no for the 3rd and 4th times.

The gun did not play a major factor in this, nor did this 'cable guy' know she had one in her reach, but I was very proud in the way she reacted to the situation. I specifically leave my firearm at home in these instances when I work down the street and she will be here alone, I live in a very nice neighborhood, but that doesn't stop criminals from coming in!

I am about to call my old cable company right now to report this as suspicious and see if anyone was really supposed to come out today.

I will update this when I find out.
    Well, was it the real cable guy or not?????????

State Researcher

Post imported post

Believe it or not im still waiting on an answer from Comcast (my cable vendor), they use independent contractors on a lot of jobs.

One of these independent contractors slit two womens throats in their own bathtubs last year and Comcast is now being sued for it because they hired him and knew he was a felon for aggravated assault before his first day on the job.

So no answer yet, but I am hoping to find out soon, they are supposed to give me a call back, but if that is anything like their service I will probably have to call them back, horrible.