• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The g/f reacted well to this

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

I was very, very proud of my girlfriend today.

First off she does not have a Permit, as I do, but she can legally use my firearm when she is here as long as she is on my property.

I was at work and the 'cable guy' came here at about 11am. I cancelled my cable on March 23rd, today is May 12th, so that is a little weird in itself. Secondly the cable should be cut at the box OUTSIDE!

So he begins to tell her that he needs to come inside and move the tv and cut the cable, which is untrue, even if I was here I would never let him in to turn off the cable, as they can do this from the box outside, what would they have done if I moved? Bad excuse from this guy claiming to be the 'cable man'.

My girlfriend told him that she did not live here and that I would be home at noon, and he said it would 'only take a couple minutes' and that he really needed to do it today and he could not come back, she then continued to talk to this guy and kept telling him no, he asked at least 4 times that she can remember, after the second attempt she went into my kitchen and took my firearm and put it into her purse to tell him no for the 3rd and 4th times.

The gun did not play a major factor in this, nor did this 'cable guy' know she had one in her reach, but I was very proud in the way she reacted to the situation. I specifically leave my firearm at home in these instances when I work down the street and she will be here alone, I live in a very nice neighborhood, but that doesn't stop criminals from coming in!

I am about to call my old cable company right now to report this as suspicious and see if anyone was really supposed to come out today.

I will update this when I find out.

compmanio365

imported post

Good for her dude, I would have told the guy once he wasn't coming in and if he didn't leave the property I was calling the police. Usually gets them to leave. Would have called them too if he didn't go.

DT4E31

imported post

openryan wrote:
I was very, very proud of my girlfriend today.

First off she does not have a Permit, as I do, but she can legally use my firearm when she is here as long as she is on my property.

I was at work and the 'cable guy' came here at about 11am. I cancelled my cable on March 23rd, today is May 12th, so that is a little weird in itself. Secondly the cable should be cut at the box OUTSIDE!

So he begins to tell her that he needs to come inside and move the tv and cut the cable, which is untrue, even if I was here I would never let him in to turn off the cable, as they can do this from the box outside, what would they have done if I moved? Bad excuse from this guy claiming to be the 'cable man'.

My girlfriend told him that she did not live here and that I would be home at noon, and he said it would 'only take a couple minutes' and that he really needed to do it today and he could not come back, she then continued to talk to this guy and kept telling him no, he asked at least 4 times that she can remember, after the second attempt she went into my kitchen and took my firearm and put it into her purse to tell him no for the 3rd and 4th times.

The gun did not play a major factor in this, nor did this 'cable guy' know she had one in her reach, but I was very proud in the way she reacted to the situation. I specifically leave my firearm at home in these instances when I work down the street and she will be here alone, I live in a very nice neighborhood, but that doesn't stop criminals from coming in!

I am about to call my old cable company right now to report this as suspicious and see if anyone was really supposed to come out today.

I will update this when I find out.
Well, was it the real cable guy or not?????????

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Believe it or not im still waiting on an answer from Comcast (my cable vendor), they use independent contractors on a lot of jobs.

One of these independent contractors slit two womens throats in their own bathtubs last year and Comcast is now being sued for it because they hired him and knew he was a felon for aggravated assault before his first day on the job.

So no answer yet, but I am hoping to find out soon, they are supposed to give me a call back, but if that is anything like their service I will probably have to call them back, horrible.