Thread: ANOTHER OT request

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Anyone have said paper they're willing to save for me?

In the obits, there are two mentions of Arthur P. Bona. Stupid me cut them apart. I'd really like to have that section.

Please PM if you have one and would be willing to save it for me, either sending it to me, or bringing it to the VCDL meeting or some other meetup? No hurry,but I'd like to have at least one copy of the whole section and one that I can cut the piece out.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Tess wrote:

In the obits, there are two mentions of Arthur P. Bona.* Stupid me cut them apart.* I'd really like to have that section.

Please PM if you have one and would be willing to save it for me, either sending it to me, or bringing it to the VCDL meeting or some other meetup?* No hurry,but I'd like to have at least one copy of the whole section and one that I can cut the piece out.
    Tess, you disappoint me. The POST!! I won't even let the delivery guy onto my street

I will check and see if I can pull it for you. Of course that will mean another lunch out at the next show to hand it off.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Well sorry I just checked with my source, and I don't have it. Just as well, I don't have any surgical gloves handy.

But we can still do lunch.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Tess wrote:

In the obits, there are two mentions of Arthur P. Bona. Stupid me cut them apart. I'd really like to have that section.

Please PM if you have one and would be willing to save it for me, either sending it to me, or bringing it to the VCDL meeting or some other meetup? No hurry,but I'd like to have at least one copy of the whole section and one that I can cut the piece out.
    Tess, you disappoint me. The POST!! I won't even let the delivery guy onto my street

I will check and see if I can pull it for you. Of course that will mean another lunch out at the next show to hand it off.

Regards
    Well, there are two choices in DC - the Post and the Times. The Times is usually yesterday's Post, with a different slant.

And since I've always used the newspaper to find out what I ought to be researching elsewhere, it'll do.

Just like OCDO. I don't have to agree with everything .

Anyone who can find an obit for him elsewhere - I'd like it too. I have, of course, the on-line one.

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    SNIP The POST!! I won't even let the delivery guy onto my street
    I'm waiting for one of their sales staff at the grocery store to ask me if I want to sign up for the Post. "No, thanks. I'll just get my toilet paper off the shelf in aisle 12."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Tess,

Have you tried the library? Sometimes they have back editions of the paper, and you can photo copy.

Or try contacting the Post directly....I believe a few years ago I was able to obtain a older paper....Or try Washingotn Post online, although that may be an extra fee.

OT- I subscribed to the Free Lance Star, and had just sent in my check for the fee...Then they posted their "sunshine" list with my name in it....I immediatly canceled and was refunded my money.....Of course they put pretty much the whole edition online for free...

Post imported post

http://www.legacy.com/WashingtonPost...sonId=87960829

This isn't the paperbut it is from their website. Not sure if this is one or both of the sections you wanted. However, you could search their online stuff and see if you can get all of what you want.

Post imported post

sccrref wrote:
    http://www.legacy.com/WashingtonPost...sonId=87960829

This isn't the paperbut it is from their website. Not sure if this is one or both of the sections you wanted. However, you could search their online stuff and see if you can get all of what you want.
    Thanks. I have that. I'm just one of those who wants to keep certain death notices. Art was my great-uncle, and an awesome person.I have the one from my father's death, and my grandparents'.Just to put things in perspective, I think I still have, at my mother's house, the local paper from the day the JFK assassination was reported.

Will I do anything with them? Probably not. Will I decide some day they need to be recycled? Perhaps. But for now they make me feel better.

And I'd rather recycle someone's Post than cough up money for another <grin>.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Tess, I have it!. I'll put it to theside for you, the whole Metro section from Friday, May 11, 2007. I have the whole paper for you. Since we met up today at NRA, you have one of my e-mail addresses. Drop me a note and I'll get it to you. It was great to meet you and your family out at NRA. I told my wife and she said - (Honest!) - "...because I can't carry a Cop!". Sounds like DAKS, dutch treat! and remember..."You can't legislate Human Behavior".

Post imported post

The power of the internets brings another happy ending!

Post imported post

you need the paper form the 12th? What section are the OBITs in?

(YES! I get the post, but gosh durn it, we had puppies and they had to have something to 'go' on!)

Post imported post

pourshot wrote:
    you need the paper form the 12th? What section are the OBITs in?

(YES! I get the post, but gosh durn it, we had puppies and they had to have something to 'go' on!)
    No, I need the 11th, Metro section. DoubleR has graciously agreed to give me his. Thanks, all.