• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ANOTHER OT request

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Anyone have said paper they're willing to save for me?

In the obits, there are two mentions of Arthur P. Bona. Stupid me cut them apart. I'd really like to have that section.

Please PM if you have one and would be willing to save it for me, either sending it to me, or bringing it to the VCDL meeting or some other meetup? No hurry,but I'd like to have at least one copy of the whole section and one that I can cut the piece out.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:

In the obits, there are two mentions of Arthur P. Bona.  Stupid me cut them apart.  I'd really like to have that section.

Please PM if you have one and would be willing to save it for me, either sending it to me, or bringing it to the VCDL meeting or some other meetup?  No hurry,but I'd like to have at least one copy of the whole section and one that I can cut the piece out.

Tess, you disappoint me. The POST!! I won't even let the delivery guy onto my street:lol:

I will check and see if I can pull it for you. Of course that will mean another lunch out at the next show to hand it off.

Regards

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Tess wrote:

In the obits, there are two mentions of Arthur P. Bona. Stupid me cut them apart. I'd really like to have that section.

Please PM if you have one and would be willing to save it for me, either sending it to me, or bringing it to the VCDL meeting or some other meetup? No hurry,but I'd like to have at least one copy of the whole section and one that I can cut the piece out.

Tess, you disappoint me. The POST!! I won't even let the delivery guy onto my street:lol:

I will check and see if I can pull it for you. Of course that will mean another lunch out at the next show to hand it off.

Regards
Well, there are two choices in DC - the Post and the Times. The Times is usually yesterday's Post, with a different slant.

And since I've always used the newspaper to find out what I ought to be researching elsewhere, it'll do.

Just like OCDO. I don't have to agree with everything :lol:.

Anyone who can find an obit for him elsewhere - I'd like it too. I have, of course, the on-line one.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
SNIP The POST!! I won't even let the delivery guy onto my street:lol:
I'm waiting for one of their sales staff at the grocery store to ask me if I want to sign up for the Post. "No, thanks. I'll just get my toilet paper off the shelf in aisle 12."

CaptainCharles

imported post

Tess,

Have you tried the library? Sometimes they have back editions of the paper, and you can photo copy.

Or try contacting the Post directly....I believe a few years ago I was able to obtain a older paper....Or try Washingotn Post online, although that may be an extra fee.

OT- I subscribed to the Free Lance Star, and had just sent in my check for the fee...Then they posted their "sunshine" list with my name in it....I immediatly canceled and was refunded my money.....Of course they put pretty much the whole edition online for free...:lol:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sccrref wrote:
http://www.legacy.com/WashingtonPost/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=87960829

This isn't the paperbut it is from their website. Not sure if this is one or both of the sections you wanted. However, you could search their online stuff and see if you can get all of what you want.

Thanks. I have that. I'm just one of those who wants to keep certain death notices. Art was my great-uncle, and an awesome person.I have the one from my father's death, and my grandparents'.Just to put things in perspective, I think I still have, at my mother's house, the local paper from the day the JFK assassination was reported.

Will I do anything with them? Probably not. Will I decide some day they need to be recycled? Perhaps. But for now they make me feel better.

And I'd rather recycle someone's Post than cough up money for another <grin>.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess, I have it!. I'll put it to theside for you, the whole Metro section from Friday, May 11, 2007. I have the whole paper for you. Since we met up today at NRA, you have one of my e-mail addresses. Drop me a note and I'll get it to you. It was great to meet you and your family out at NRA. I told my wife and she said - (Honest!) - "...because I can't carry a Cop!". Sounds like DAKS, dutch treat! and remember..."You can't legislate Human Behavior".

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

you need the paper form the 12th? What section are the OBITs in?

(YES! I get the post, but gosh durn it, we had puppies and they had to have something to 'go' on!)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

pourshot wrote:
you need the paper form the 12th? What section are the OBITs in?

(YES! I get the post, but gosh durn it, we had puppies and they had to have something to 'go' on!)
No, I need the 11th, Metro section. DoubleR has graciously agreed to give me his. Thanks, all.