• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Sen. Devolites Davis says VCDL members are mean-spirited & have threatened her!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Let's pull out all the stops and get folks to attend this meeting and make it standing room only! Men, women, students, children, babies, neighbors, dogs . . . let's roll!
http://tinyurl.com/2unubs
Advocates to Give Away Guns to Protest Bloomberg's Lawsuits
By Tim Craig
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, May 13, 2007; Page C03
RICHMOND -- A gun-rights organization is planning to hold a "gun giveaway" next week inside a Fairfax County government building to protest New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg's efforts to crack down on illegal gun sales in Virginia.
On Thursday at the Mason District Government Center in Annandale, the Virginia Citizens Defense League will hold a drawing for a semiautomatic pistol, a hunting rifle and ammunition to raise money for two gun shops that Bloomberg has filed suit against. . . . State Sen. Jeannemarie Devolites Davis (R-Fairfax) said that some of the league members have threatened her in the past over her support for tougher gun laws. . . ."They are mean-spirited, and they won't listen or reason," Devolites Davis said. . . .Bloomberg has said the group is made up of "sick people."

Mike Stollenwork, a defense league member from the Alexandria section of Fairfax County, responded, "We are tenacious but polite. . . . We defend civil liberties."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Mike wrote:
State Sen. Jeannemarie Devolites Davis (R-Fairfax) said that some of the league members have threatened her in the past over her support for tougher gun laws. . . ."They are mean-spirited, and they won't listen or reason," Devolites Davis said.

Mike Stollenwork, a defense league member from the Alexandria section of Fairfax County, responded, "We are tenacious but polite. . . . We defend civil liberties."
If this was an accurate quote, I would challange Sen. Davis to document one (1), just one (1) time that a VCDL member has "threatened her".....been "mean spirited" and "won't listen or reason." Unless she is referring to my not wishing to see her reelected:exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:
Yata hey

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

We can do better than the three comments attached to this WashingtonPostarticle - including an idiotic ostensibly "pro-gun" onethat casually mentions that Bloomberg is a "non-Christian" as if that is relevant (incidentally, regardless of the authors intent, his comment is an anti-gun comment as far as I am concerned, because it makes people like myself look as ignorant as the author, which harms our cause).

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Been there, posted the following-

There is a solid implication throughout this story that this lobbying group is engaged in some sort of criminal activity, that local elected officials are unable to stop. The fact is that there is nothing illegal going on. It is rather amazing that the post would support flag burning as a free speech declaration, and would not support this virginia lobbying group on the same grounds. There is absolutely no difference between burning the flag to make a point, and peaceably assembling while carry a firearm for the same purpose. By extension this proposed drawing is the same thing. It is all protected under the first amendment, and people should be more than just a little concerned that elected officials are trying to interfere.

I think the anti individual rights biases of the post, many of its supporters, and a number of elected officials is showing very clearly here. If elected officials think they have been threatened by this group, we have laws against that. If there is any truth to the accusation then have them arrested and charged. IF there is no factual basis for such a claim then why is it mentioned in this article.

What people should be concerned about is an out of control vigilantly Mayor engaged in criminal conspiracy to expand his authority beyond his jurisdiction to impose laws on people who had no voice in electing him. The last time this happened in this country was in the 1760's, the Official was King George of England, and we fought a war to put a stop to it.

Regards

EDIT: The comment I saw on the Post website concerning the religious background of Bloomberg was completely out of line. I would hope that people would not lower the discussion into the depraved depths of racism, and bigotry. To do so diminishes us all.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
Shes just furious that there were more VCDL members at her "press conference" than there were her supporters. :D
You mean she's a sore loser - having lost her bid to expand the gun dealer loophole around the 2d Amendment's freedom of contract in guns & thus force Americans to present identity papers and undergo decentralized gun registration just for buying a used shotgun!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I WILL be there, Mike. The article really upset me. I've written a couple of letters/e-mails about this Tim Craig, before. He's especially good at twisting words, making things sound different then what they really are and creating situations that don't need to be created. One part I noted was about "rural" Virginia not recognizing the "needs" of Northern Virginia that I've read in the past. I'm a native from up here, and I'm really disgusted at the way things have changed. #1 is the Moran machine from Boston. Sorry, I had to rant. See ya'll on Thursday. Maybe I'll pick up a Desert Eagle .50AE, just to P- - - some people off. I'm not particularly tall, so if it's IWB and I'm walkin' kinda stiff legged...:lol:

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I just popped over to the VCDL website and read the page on this issue.

Phil or Mike if you are reading this, is there some reason that you have not FOIAed Sen. Devolites Davis (she really should just pick a name) for any and all information related to these supposed VCDL threats, any and all public statements concerning them, and any internal e-mails related to them?

I mean she is subject to FOIA in many areas.

Regards

TEX1N

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
I just popped over to the VCDL website and read the page on this issue.

Phil or Mike if you are reading this, is there some reason that you have not FOIAed Sen. Devolites Davis (she really should just pick a name) for any and all information related to these supposed VCDL threats, any and all public statements concerning them, and any internal e-mails related to them?

I mean she is subject to FOIA in many areas.

Regards
Good point!

VAopencarry

imported post

There are so many things wrong with that article.:banghead::banghead:

I am amused how 'they' make it sound like the VCDL gun giveaway is purposefully and with malicious intent being held in the government center. Any person with half a brain and just a little research would see the VCDL meeting is always held there. Then again maybe they do know but it sounds better to make VCDL look like a bunch of meanies.:shock:

DD is a joke, she has such a bad case of cranial rectumitis SHE is the one that will not listen to reason.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I sent a message to DD's senate and campaign email addresses. My message mirrored the one Philip sent her. As I'm not a resident of her district, I doubt she (or her staff) will reply to me.