• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

confiscation of guns??

beradcee

imported post

I've seen that a few states (MO comes to mind) don't allow authorities to confiscate guns in time of emergency. I'm wondering if VA has the same laws in place or will we have to fight to keep them when the need arises??

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

After the government took a lot of guns into "Protective" custody in Louisiana due the Katrina disaster, a few states enacted these laws. I am certain they will follow them should they ever have the need to declare Marshal law.

Regards

beradcee

imported post

That's what I was wondering. If VA had actually passed any of these laws so that if, God forbid, something insane should happen up here will I be able to keep my firearms without having to use deadly force?

glocknroll

imported post

I read in the paper, and I believe in one of the VCDL alerts, that Virginia had passed a law preventing the confiscation of guns in a state of emergency. Try as I may, I can't find the specific code. I usually use the VA code listed at the VA State Police site, but I must not be searching properly. Although, if martial law is declared,or they put troops in the streets (or police from out of state a la Katrina), then we might have to enforce that law ourselves at the barrels of our guns. I hate to think of it, for the sake of my children, but how many cops will refuse to confiscate guns if ordered to? And how many sheeple will just hand them over? If it ever happens, we must all be prepared to defend our neighbors, and not just stand by and watch , hoping that we won't be next.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The new code are listed on the Va Legislature site. If it is a new law it won't go into effect until July 1 and it would be listed as such.

I have only found this so far, but I'll keep looking. It appears the Virginia DOES have such a provision.

This from NRA

Regards

glocknroll

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
The new code are listed on the Va Legislature site. If it is a new law it won't go into effect until July 1 and it would be listed as such.

I have only found this so far, but I'll keep looking. It appears the Virginia DOES have such a provision.

This from NRA

Regards
Thank you. I was pretty certain I had seen it, and I appreciate you finding it for all of us. I really hate to make statements that I can't back up with facts.

glocknroll

imported post

For the record, I have no problem with police as an institution, just with those that would violate our constitutional rights. I am one who also who believes that our rights pre-date the constitution, and just repealing the2nd amendment wouldnt repeal my right, only make itillegal under the law of the land. We,as a people, encourage those in foreign countries to violate laws that violate their rights (Christians in China, for example). Why should we be any different about our own rights?I saw the video of the California police taking that little old ladie's revolver in New Orleans, and I'll be damned if I'll let them take my 70 yr old mother's Chief Special.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

glocknroll wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

This from NRA

Regards
Thank you. I was pretty certain I had seen it, and I appreciate you finding it for all of us. I really hate to make statements that I can't back up with facts.

Well I finally found it. Man is this burried deep in the kimshi pile -

"§ 44-146.15 amended.
Emergency services and disasters; constitutional rights. Provides that nothing in Chapter 3.2 of Title 44 relating to emergency services and disaster laws should be interpreted as allowing the Governor or any other governmental authority to limit the right to keep and bear arms pursuant to the Constitutions of Virginia and of the United States. These rights include the lawful possession, sale, and transfer of firearms. These rights are not extended to places designated as emergency shelters. HB 1265; CH. 458."

Sorry I still do not have the actual link.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

glocknroll wrote:
Hawkflyer, just curious: Is that Hawk as in Cessna, or Hawk as in Global?

Well, it is actually Hawk as in CGS Hawk. Mine is a two seat with a 60 HP HKS-700E engine. That would be the little plane, the bigger one is a Rans S6-SE. They are both amateur built. Remember, the Titanic and the space shuttle were both built by professionals.

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 280

glocknroll

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
glocknroll wrote:

Well, it is actually Hawk as in CGS Hawk. Mine is a two seat with a 60 HP HKS-700E engine. That would be the little plane, the bigger one is a Rans S6-SE. They are both amateur built. Remember, the Titanic and the space shuttle were both built by professionals.
Cool plane.

LEO 229

imported post

I never understood why the police in LAtook away guns from the people during the disaster. Only the law abiding people did and then it was just like in DC.. Only the criminals had guns.

Furthermore... what is the reasoning to take away firearms during a disaster anyway?

That never made anysense to me.

glocknroll

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I never understood why the police in LAtook away guns from the people during the disaster. Only the law abiding people did and then it was just like in DC.. Only the criminals had guns.

Furthermore... what is the reasoning to take away firearms during a disaster anyway?

That never made anysense to me.
The "powers that be" in New Orleans saw it as a way to control the serfs. As stated so eloquently by Hawkflyer in another thread, when the social order breaks down, chaos inevitably ensues. At least half the New Orleans PD deserted their posts, according to reports that I have read. The "gov't "was scared. It seemed to them that the easiest way to control the populace was to disarm them.

LEO 229

imported post

glocknroll wrote:
The "powers that be" in New Orleans saw it as a way to control the serfs. As stated so eloquently by Hawkflyer in another thread, when the social order breaks down, chaos inevitably ensues. At least half the New Orleans PD deserted their posts, according to reports that I have read. The "gov't "was scared. It seemed to them that the easiest way to control the populace was to disarm them.

The police there did abandon their postand even joined the looters. It was caught on tape and was shameful.

They could have my guns... if they could open the safe and get them. :p

In a way.... taking the guns "could" prevent them from getting into the hands criminals. If the homeowner left it behind and a criminal loots the house and find it....

But... I feel most law abiding people were left defenseless.

LEO 229

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
glocknroll wrote:

Hawk.... Is that what you take to work? :)

How do you OC in that thing?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
...SNIP

Well even cruising at 60 Kts it would be a lot faster than any roads around here. But where I work they would shoot it down on sight.:banghead:

I don't, I wear a IWB, for Para Ord 12.45, worn in front of the hip right side, and a low seat belt with dual shoulder harness. If I think I will need to shoot while flying, I take the doors off before takeoff. But more often than not water balloons, or small sacks of flour work just fine. Which reminds me, do you have GPS coordinates for Citizens house.:what:

Regards

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I believe there already was a law that prohibited confiscation of firearms... It's called the Constitution! A lot of good that did! :cuss:

I don't need no stinkin' law to protect my firearms during an emergency.... they come with built-in protection.

LEO 229

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
...SNIP

Well even cruising at 60 Kts it would be a lot faster than any roads around here. But where I work they would shoot it down on sight.:banghead:

I don't, I wear a IWB, for Para Ord 12.45, worn in front of the hip right side, and a low seat belt with dual shoulder harness. If I think I will need to shoot while flying, I take the doors off before takeoff. But more often than not water balloons, or small sacks of flour work just fine. Which reminds me, do you have GPS coordinates for Citizens house.:what:

Regards
I will get it the next time he invites me to his house for some watered down alcohol.