• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

confiscation of guns??

C

ccloud43

imported post

Hey Hawk, What IWB do you use for your P12, I have one and Im looking for a good IWB. Thanks

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
Hey Hawk, What IWB do you use for your P12, I have one and Im looking for a good IWB. Thanks

I have been using a Galco Scout SCT218 for a long time, It is small, covers the weapon well, and is stiff enough to re-holster with one hand. It also has rough side out leather so it stays where I put in under normal carrying conditions. The belt clip is plastic and hooks under the belt and can be put on with one hand, but it does require two to unhook it.

Most people that see it note right off that it does NOT have any retention snaps, hooks or straps, and wonder how I manage to keep the weapon in the holster, even if I do a forward roll. My only answer to that is that sometimes it is not always good to be in PERFECT shape. Besides round is a shape. And before anyone asks, my spare tire does not inhibit my draw. Dad always said "If you have a good tool, build a roof over it."

But I also have an order in to Tucker Gun Leather for one of their "Answer IWB" holsters. A friend suggested that it might be more comfortable under certain conditions. He pointed out that I could still use my "Custom Retention" system.

I learned a long tome ago that cheap holsters really don't work out too well.

Regards

C

ccloud43

imported post

Thanks Hawk. After looking at the twoI will probably go with the Tucker