Thread: Robber foiled on camera

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Good for her! She refused to be a victim!

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote: While the first video was a good example of legitimate self defense, I don't think that second video shouldbe held up as a shining example. It starts out as a self defense shooting but turns into an execution. Additionally, I'm not an expert in these things but it looks fake and some of the comments on the site also state that.

And just one more comment on the second video,hiding behind a rack of clothes is probably not a good idea. Concealment is not cover.

Post imported post

That second one was proven to be fake. I'll find the link.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Yea I could see the muzzle flashes were edited in.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I thought it looked a little extreme. not to mention the fact that they were using clothes as armor.

Post imported post

2nd one is obviously fake.

And yeah, clothes for cover isn't the greatest of ideas.

I wouldn't put it past someone who doesn't know about firearms though, it seems to be a natural thing to seek "cover" even if it's not effective.

<semi-related-note-but-not-from-real-life-experience>
    I play a realism mod for bf2 quite often, and I'm constantly having to tell my squad members to open fire on people hiding behind objects that bullets penetrate.

Some enemy will run for cover in a wooden shack or something and my squad stops firing..... I think it's some sort of "If I can't see it I can't kill it" sort of default mind mentality or something.

I always put the smarter guy in my squad in the support role, that way if only the two of us are still shooting, it's me and an m249 or something else of that nature

</semi-related-note-but-not-from-real-life-experience>

State Researcher

Post imported post

The first video is a great example, but she said she has never shot a firearm before?

With the efficiency that she produced the weapon and then fired it immediately able to hit her target while sitting on a stool, maybe the first time she ever fired at someone, but I just can't buy this is her first time firing a gun.

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    The first video is a great example, but she said she has never shot a firearm before?

With the efficiency that she produced the weapon and then fired it immediately able to hit her target while sitting on a stool, maybe the first time she ever fired at someone, but I just can't but this is her first time firing a gun.
    Yeah. I noticed that too, she seemed to fire it quite fast. Although the guy she shot didn't have a weapon, if he did he could possibly have shot her first.