• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robber foiled on camera

Grahf

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
While the first video was a good example of legitimate self defense, I don't think that second video shouldbe held up as a shining example. It starts out as a self defense shooting but turns into an execution. Additionally, I'm not an expert in these things but it looks fake and some of the comments on the site also state that.

And just one more comment on the second video,hiding behind a rack of clothes is probably not a good idea. Concealment is not cover. ;)

kurtmax_0

imported post

2nd one is obviously fake.

And yeah, clothes for cover isn't the greatest of ideas.

I wouldn't put it past someone who doesn't know about firearms though, it seems to be a natural thing to seek "cover" even if it's not effective.

<semi-related-note-but-not-from-real-life-experience>
I play a realism mod for bf2 quite often, and I'm constantly having to tell my squad members to open fire on people hiding behind objects that bullets penetrate.

Some enemy will run for cover in a wooden shack or something and my squad stops firing..... I think it's some sort of "If I can't see it I can't kill it" sort of default mind mentality or something.

I always put the smarter guy in my squad in the support role, that way if only the two of us are still shooting, it's me and an m249 or something else of that nature :)

</semi-related-note-but-not-from-real-life-experience>

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

The first video is a great example, but she said she has never shot a firearm before?

With the efficiency that she produced the weapon and then fired it immediately able to hit her target while sitting on a stool, maybe the first time she ever fired at someone, but I just can't buy this is her first time firing a gun.

kurtmax_0

imported post

openryan wrote:
The first video is a great example, but she said she has never shot a firearm before?

With the efficiency that she produced the weapon and then fired it immediately able to hit her target while sitting on a stool, maybe the first time she ever fired at someone, but I just can't but this is her first time firing a gun.
Yeah. I noticed that too, she seemed to fire it quite fast. Although the guy she shot didn't have a weapon, if he did he could possibly have shot her first.