Thread: Interesting clip on CCW in Cali

Post imported post

I stumbled upon this on youtube, and it was interesting to hear what leo's have to say about ccw permits.

here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKbencrdF_8

Post imported post

By the way, I find it funny that you have to be a victim of a crime to get a CCW permit.....kinda defeats the purpose doesn' it!

Post imported post

Yes, you nearly got it... More important than the ridiculousness of a policy ofNOT to issueCCW licenses to anyone but law enforcement,former law enforcement,judges, city or county officials, and victims of a crime is the use of a CCW license as a political gift or kickback.

Sheriff Baca has issued CCW licenses to elite like Sean Penn in his "celebrity reserveprogram"and wealthy campaign contributors.

So it really isn't about limiting licenses to someone who has demonstrated a need after a person is victimized, its about power, money, and influence-- and if you don't have any, you shouldn't have the means to carry a weapon for self-defense.

This is the whole problem with issuing licenses to carry any weapon- It creates another version of the feudal system. On one hand, you have a strong centralized government, evenon the level ofCounty Sheriffacting as the "Nobility" and the 'citizen' is their subject or "Serf".

This is more or less what our forefathers intended to prevent- in addition to it being a defense against a standing army, they also saw this as a defense against persons in the government or those of "Nobility"who would use their power to disarm dissenting opposition.

Then there is the issue of privacy- issuing licenses is an opportunity for the government to put their foot in the door to poke about your personal business, your history, and search you without a warrant, without reasonable suspicion, and hold you on trial without having committed a crime. If you are deemed worthy, then you are given something that they can take back for whatever reason they like- making carrying a firearm into a revocable privilege and you into their Serf.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

State Researcher

Post imported post

Whoa! So basically, If I were to live in LA county, and to be issued a CCW -- I must be beaten, raped, robbed or worse to get one? Pffffft.

I also find it hard to believe that anyone of these anti's would not want a ccw, or a carry permit even if they moved to another state where they were not regonizable to the general public, especially when these people know first hand how many people carry weapons, both illegally and legally.

Oh, and then after I am raped beaten, etc.... I must wait x number of days before I get my permit - ha!

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    Whoa! So basically, If I were to live in LA county, and to be issued a CCW -- I must be beaten, raped, robbed or worse to get one? Pffffft.

I also find it hard to believe that anyone of these anti's would not want a ccw, or a carry permit even if they moved to another state where they were not regonizable to the general public, especially when these people know first hand how many people carry weapons, both illegally and legally.

Oh, and then after I am raped beaten, etc.... I must wait x number of days before I get my permit - ha!
    LOL... no if you were to live in LA county and be issued a CCW you would have to be a celebrity who has been in at least one major feature film, have or have had your own TV show, or be a generousfinancial supporter of the Sheriff in election season.

And as for the Anti's not wanting a CCW license or access to guns in general- you have that wrong too. The Anti's dont want YOU to have one,... but its okay for them and their body guards to have one- examples range from Diane Feinstien (D) Senator, and Rosie O'Donnell of the "Million (pound) Mom March". Both are venomously anti-gun, and yet make exceptions either for themselves or their security detail.\

It's hypocrisy.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com