• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting clip on CCW in Cali

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Yes, you nearly got it... More important than the ridiculousness of a policy ofNOT to issueCCW licenses to anyone but law enforcement,former law enforcement,judges, city or county officials, and victims of a crime is the use of a CCW license as a political gift or kickback.

Sheriff Baca has issued CCW licenses to elite like Sean Penn in his "celebrity reserveprogram"and wealthy campaign contributors.

So it really isn't about limiting licenses to someone who has demonstrated a need after a person is victimized, its about power, money, and influence-- and if you don't have any, you shouldn't have the means to carry a weapon for self-defense.

This is the whole problem with issuing licenses to carry any weapon- It creates another version of the feudal system. On one hand, you have a strong centralized government, evenon the level ofCounty Sheriffacting as the "Nobility" and the 'citizen' is their subject or "Serf".

This is more or less what our forefathers intended to prevent- in addition to it being a defense against a standing army, they also saw this as a defense against persons in the government or those of "Nobility"who would use their power to disarm dissenting opposition.

Then there is the issue of privacy- issuing licenses is an opportunity for the government to put their foot in the door to poke about your personal business, your history, and search you without a warrant, without reasonable suspicion, and hold you on trial without having committed a crime. If you are deemed worthy, then you are given something that they can take back for whatever reason they like- making carrying a firearm into a revocable privilege and you into their Serf.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Whoa! So basically, If I were to live in LA county, and to be issued a CCW -- I must be beaten, raped, robbed or worse to get one? Pffffft.

I also find it hard to believe that anyone of these anti's would not want a ccw, or a carry permit even if they moved to another state where they were not regonizable to the general public, especially when these people know first hand how many people carry weapons, both illegally and legally.

Oh, and then after I am raped beaten, etc.... I must wait x number of days before I get my permit - ha!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

openryan wrote:
Whoa! So basically, If I were to live in LA county, and to be issued a CCW -- I must be beaten, raped, robbed or worse to get one? Pffffft.

I also find it hard to believe that anyone of these anti's would not want a ccw, or a carry permit even if they moved to another state where they were not regonizable to the general public, especially when these people know first hand how many people carry weapons, both illegally and legally.

Oh, and then after I am raped beaten, etc.... I must wait x number of days before I get my permit - ha!

LOL... no if you were to live in LA county and be issued a CCW you would have to be a celebrity who has been in at least one major feature film, have or have had your own TV show, or be a generousfinancial supporter of the Sheriff in election season.

And as for the Anti's not wanting a CCW license or access to guns in general- you have that wrong too. The Anti's dont want YOU to have one,... but its okay for them and their body guards to have one- examples range from Diane Feinstien (D) Senator, and Rosie O'Donnell of the "Million (pound) Mom March". Both are venomously anti-gun, and yet make exceptions either for themselves or their security detail.\

It's hypocrisy.