• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 4759

SpringerXDacp

imported post

From MCRGO;

New Legislation Introduced in Michigan House - HB 4759
2007/05/16
Michigan Legislature

May 16, 2007

Introduced by Rep. Daniel Acciavatti, HB 4759 would eliminate Michigan's victim disarmament zones (pistol free areas). HB 4759 was referred to Committee on Judiciary May 15th, 2007. This is the most important bill on concealed carry since 2000. It eliminates "criminal safe zones" and hence will make Michigan safer than it is now. Additional updates and comments may follow later.

Don't know if this bird will fly, but,...I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 2007-HIB-4759.pdf
    20.5 KB · Views: 186

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Even though this only affects concealed carry, I think I would be supportive. Remember, there's prohibited places where no one may carry a firearm unless they have a CPL.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

maybe michigan would work on changing their recognition policy to inlcude those with NR permits.

30 cal slut

imported post

michigan has ALWAYS honored all RESIDENTout of state CCW permits (and even those of neighboring Canadian LEO's to boot).

this was even before CCW went shall-issue in Michigan.

Wooley

imported post

Ah yes, the old home state is coming along nicely.

You guys up there vote out Granholm and her whiney MSP ball busting tactics and I may just move back there....after the economy recovers from old Jenny that is.