• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello from a new Member

wadd58

imported post

I am not sure where to post this but I wanted to say "Hello" to everyone and I am looking forward to enjoying this site.

I live in NH and was in the Coast Guard as a Gunner's Mate, Fire Arms Instructor and Law Enforcement Officer/Boarding Team.

I have OIC'd a few times in my small liberal town and have had no problems so far!!!

The Police Chief here is very CC, Fire Arms friendly.

Attachments

• 100_0507.JPG
    100_0507.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 198

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hi Wadd58! Welcome aboard from Springfield, Virginia! GReat place here, feel free to look around and if you have any questions ask or PM!

Nice pic! Here's one of me shooting my Garand last weekend!

DSC00630.jpg

IanB

imported post

What is that grey box in the air in front of your left support hand?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You've obviously never fired a Garand my friend! (We'll have to remedy that) That is the 8 round enbloc clip in flight and it's known for its memorable "PING" sound it makes meaning that you're out of ammo!

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG - PING!!

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

BobCav wrote:
You've obviously never fired a Garand my friend! (We'll have to remedy that) That is the 8 round enbloc clip in flight and it's known for its memorable "PING" sound it makes meaning that you're out of ammo!

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG - PING!!

Wasn't that ping the traditional signal for the enemy to shoot at the guy who just ran out of ammo?

LoveMyCountry

okboomer

imported post

Hi Wadd58,

Welcome from Oklahoma :celebrate

Nice guns guys ... I guess I should get a few of mine up too :cool:

I also do most of my shooting at an outdoor range. If we are shooting pistol and it is nearing sundown, the deer will sometimes stroll out at the far end of the 500yardrange :lol:How is the wildlife traffic where ya'll are?

We also regularly have a 20 mph crosswind.

cards.jpg