• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Call for the Resignation of Mason District Supervisor/Chancellor Penelope Gross

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
I'm trying to think of a reason to make an appointment to go interview her. Then show up OC.

However, I don't live in Mason district and I really have no reason to do so.

Collaborators anywhere?
Weren't you just saying to not exacerbate the situation? :)

I was trying to find ways to show that she couldn't have been all that intimidated, under which heading would appear, "he was never there in the first place."

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Tess wrote:
I'm trying to think of a reason to make an appointment to go interview her. Then show up OC.

Collaborators anywhere?
Weren't you just saying to not exacerbate the situation? :)

I was trying to find ways to show that she couldn't have been all that intimidated, under which heading would appear, "he was never there in the first place."

Yes, I did say that. But I wasn't clear.

I think it would be a mistake to FOIA anything. If the constituent doesn't want to be identified, so be it. That's his right. We gain nothing by attempting to learn his identity, and anything like a FOIA, in writing, provides her fodder.

I really like the "in your face" without being in your face, if you know what I mean. I'd like to interview her on, say, traffic issues or Fairfax County budget stance. Something totally unrelated. Just because I'm armed when I ask......

Anyway, I also mentioned I don't havea real reason.

And it likely couldn't work now. I'm reasonably certain at least one, if not more, reporter reads our boards. How else would the Washington Post reported have known to find us at Starbucks before last night's meeting?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
How about a "Penelope Gross Gun Giveaway"? :dude:

Would we have to give away a gross gun? (I didn't know there was a .144 caliber.)

But I do think OCDO should reserve the other big conference room for nights when there's a VCDL meeting scheduled. They could always be gracious and give it up if someone else needed it.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:

The Fuddruckers is in the Mason district. You're spend money in the Mason district typically once a money and the meal taxes are going to Fairfax County.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Has anyone else considered the possibility that there was not an open carry visitor to see Supervisor Penelope A. Gross and that she may have manufactured the whole thing? That would prove very interesting indeed!
Yata hey

Tomahawk

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Has anyone else considered the possibility that there was not an open carry visitor to see Supervisor Penelope A. Gross and that she may have manufactured the whole thing? That would prove very interesting indeed!
Yata hey

I thought about, too, of course, but I wouldn't accuse her of it without some sort of evidence that she's lying. (I'm not like the antis: I believe you have to prove someone is guilty before you can punish them).

In any case, even if it's true and she made it up, you cannot prove it, so it would just turn into a she-said/we-said argument.

Better to assume that there was indeed an armed visitor to speak with her, and challenge her as to why she felt the desire to deny him an audience simply because he is exercising a right, or, if the man was indeed threatening her, why no one alerted the nearby police and had him arrested.

Force her to answer those questions, and you place her on the defensive. We accept that an armed citizen showed up, and we demand that she justify her conduct toward the man, both in his presence and later, in her public statement.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

I thought about, too, of course, but I wouldn't accuse her of it without some sort of evidence that she's lying. (I'm not like the antis: I believe you have to prove someone is guilty before you can punish them).

In any case, even if it's true and she made it up, you cannot prove it, so it would just turn into a she-said/we-said argument.

Better to assume that there was indeed an armed visitor to speak with her, and challenge her as to why she felt the desire to deny him an audience simply because he is exercising a right, or, if the man was indeed threatening her, why no one alerted the nearby police and had him arrested.

Force her to answer those questions, and you place her on the defensive. We accept that an armed citizen showed up, and we demand that she justify her conduct toward the man, both in his presence and later, in her public statement.

I agree it's best to accept her assertion that someone did OC into her office. But who was it?

My hunch is that it was someone here, on OCDC. If he is here, he should own up to and give his side of the story. The shortest route toeffectively criticizing Gross would be through the account of the guy who was there. But he ain't standing up....somaybe her shrieking has some validity...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

HankT wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

I agree it's best to accept her assertion that someone did OC into her office. But who was it?

My hunch is that it was someone here, on OCDC. If he is here, he should own up to and give his side of the story. The shortest route toeffectively criticizing Gross would be through the account of the guy who was there. But he ain't standing up....somaybe her shrieking has some validity...
Okay, I'll admit it, though I'm reluctant to do so for personal reasons - it wasn't me:lol: but I wish it had been. It is very apparent that she did not call the police, file a report or take any of the normal steps that someone would be expected to take if they had been threatened by an armed person. Do they not have security cameras at that location? Would filling a FOI not be a logical step towards discrediting her?
Yata hey

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Presumably, the Mason District Building has video surveillance. Maybe a FOIA request for video from the cameras covering her office and the hallway leading to her office would give us the answer.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Would be very interesting to see the results of this. Maybe they even have a camera in the area where the alledged incident happened. Politicians often cannot stand the glaring light of the truth.
Yata hey

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
Her original point said her staff was "startled" when he "demanded" to see her. She re-interpreted that as a threat;if she had done so initially, she would have had police involvement.
I doubt she'd call the police... that would result in more men with guns showing up, further intimidating her!

:lol:

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DrMark wrote:
I doubt she'd call the police... that would result in more men with guns showing up, further intimidating her!

Does she know her her office is next 100 feet from a police stations? You know, they often keep lots of guns there. ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BecauseFairfax County decided to pull its little legal stunt, VCDL gave away free tickets at the meeting and didn't draw from the tickets given at the gun stores. This ensured that the guns would be given to NoVA residents, instead of residents in other parts of the state. Now there are two more guns in NoVA that wouldn't have been here if they hadn't tried to stop the drawing! :lol::lol:

Somebody should point out the irony to Gross, Bulova, etc.

swatpro911

imported post

DrMark wrote:
Tess wrote:
Her original point said her staff was "startled" when he "demanded" to see her. She re-interpreted that as a threat;if she had done so initially, she would have had police involvement.

anyone got her:p pic or how she look like? was she born during civil war? I think she thinks of OC as Old Country folks with guns and stuff which makes her uncomfortable.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
anyone got her:p pic or how she look like? was she born during civil war? I think she thinks of OC as Old Country folks with guns and stuff which makes her uncomfortable.

swatpro, I'm certainly not defending Gross, but haven't you been taken to task more than once on this board for making determinations based on how people look? What does it take to get the message through?

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Petty Penny" and her croniesare at it again. In the Washrag Post, 5/22...

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]FAIRFAX PUBLIC BUILDINGS
[/size]
[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Supervisors to Request Gun Ban
[/size]
[/font]

The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors agreed yesterday to seek permission from the Virginia General Assembly next year to ban guns from public buildings.
The move came in the wake of a confrontation between county officials and a private gun rights organization, Virginia Citizens Defense League, which held a gun raffle last week at the Mason District Governmental Center in Annandale.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

DoubleR wrote:
"Petty Penny" and her croniesare at it again. In the Washrag Post, 5/22...

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]FAIRFAX PUBLIC BUILDINGS
[/size]
[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Supervisors to Request Gun Ban
[/size]
[/font]

The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors agreed yesterday to seek permission from the Virginia General Assembly next year to ban guns from public buildings.
The move came in the wake of a confrontation between county officials and a private gun rights organization, Virginia Citizens Defense League, which held a gun raffle last week at the Mason District Governmental Center in Annandale.
We need to take note that the word "public" seems to have shifted meaningfrom of, by and for the peopleand now meanscontrolled by the government.

LoveMyCountry