Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69

Thread: Photos from Bloomberg Gun Giveaway

  1. #1
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    Here is a link tosome photostaken at the meeting last night:

    http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...way/?start=all

    I want to give a special "THANK YOU" to Tess who helped take some of these pictures.

  2. #2
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    A nice batch of pictures, Naked.

    What a cool event. VERY positive results. Kudos again to PVC, VCDL, MS, JP, et al. It turned out quite well.



    BTW, is this LEO 229?

    http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=IMG_0025.jpg

    Or Citizen?


  3. #3
    Regular Member Bulldog1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    Cool pix!

    Me on camera:





  4. #4
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    BTW, is this LEO 229?

    http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=IMG_0025.jpg

    Or Citizen?


    No, that is the original founder of VCDL, back when it was the "Northern Virginia Citizens Defense League".




  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    Not one pic of me.....I shoulda wore the TUX and been an attention *****!

    Great pix, Nekkid! Looking forward to seeing some video coverage.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    348

    Post imported post

    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    Cool pix!

    Me on camera:
    Oh that was you? Dang! I was in the VT polo shirt floating around the back wall w/ roscoe13 and a "Hi, my name is KLE from OCDO" name tag.

    I gotta ask--how does your holster provide retention?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Bulldog1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    kle wrote:
    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    Cool pix!

    Me on camera:
    Oh that was you? Dang! I was in the VT polo shirt floating around the back wall w/ roscoe13 and a "Hi, my name is KLE from OCDO" name tag.

    I gotta ask--how does your holster provide retention?
    It doesn't, that's why I will be transitioning to a Blackhawk Serpa for the M&P soon.

    Good to "almost" meet you!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    449

    Post imported post

    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    kle wrote:
    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    Cool pix!

    Me on camera:
    Oh that was you? Dang! I was in the VT polo shirt floating around the back wall w/ roscoe13 and a "Hi, my name is KLE from OCDO" name tag.

    I gotta ask--how does your holster provide retention?
    It doesn't, that's why I will be transitioning to a Blackhawk Serpa for the M&P soon.

    Good to "almost" meet you!
    have they come out with a Serpa specifically for the m&p yet? i had to settle for a glock 20/21 - tension screw doesn't get it as tight as their beretta serpa does for the beretta (only comparison i've been able to see). still works good though.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Bulldog1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    sitedzn wrote:
    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    kle wrote:
    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    Cool pix!

    Me on camera:
    Oh that was you? Dang! I was in the VT polo shirt floating around the back wall w/ roscoe13 and a "Hi, my name is KLE from OCDO" name tag.

    I gotta ask--how does your holster provide retention?
    It doesn't, that's why I will be transitioning to a Blackhawk Serpa for the M&P soon.

    Good to "almost" meet you!
    have they come out with a Serpa specifically for the m&p yet? i had to settle for a glock 20/21 - tension screw doesn't get it as tight as their beretta serpa does for the beretta (only comparison i've been able to see). still works good though.
    Have not seen a specific M&P Serpa yet, no.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA, ,
    Posts
    689

    Post imported post

    Hey, Bulldog. I was in the first line standing, right behind ya. Someone made a comment about a cameraman OCing. I told darrel and another that you were porbably bulldog. Nice Blackwater "T". Wish I had the time to get there. Thanks, in advance, for taking the time to set up and record!

  11. #11
    Regular Member Bulldog1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    DoubleR wrote:
    Hey, Bulldog. I was in the first line standing, right behind ya. Someone made a comment about a cameraman OCing. I told darrel and another that you were porbably bulldog. Nice Blackwater "T". Wish I had the time to get there. Thanks, in advance, for taking the time to set up and record!
    No problem, I'm editing the pieces together now for the vcdl podcast/website.

    ETA, all the other cameramen kept asking me what station I was with.


    When I said VCDL, they didn't quite know what to make of it.

    They were cool though, I made sure they had good lighting and clean audio.

    They appreciated it.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA, ,
    Posts
    689

    Post imported post

    So, I guess one mic and you all shared the frequency, so to speak?

  13. #13
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    No problem, I'm editing the pieces together now for the vcdl podcast/website.
    Whenever you have the final edit done, you can send it to me at webmaster@vcdl.org and I will upload it, add it to the BGG page I am making and give the URL to Philip for the VA-ALERT!

    Thanks a lot!!!!


    John


  14. #14
    Regular Member Bulldog1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    jpierce wrote:
    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    No problem, I'm editing the pieces together now for the vcdl podcast/website.
    Whenever you have the final edit done, you can send it to me at webmaster@vcdl.org and I will upload it, add it to the BGG page I am making and give the URL to Philip for the VA-ALERT!

    Thanks a lot!!!!


    John
    Will do sir, there will be TWO videos, the WHOLE event, which is 37 minutes long, and a cut down, including some news bites I DVR'd thrown in.

    I will do them as WMVs for the website as well as mp4 video for the video podcast.

  15. #15
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    I will do them as WMVs for the website as well as mp4 video for the video podcast.
    You sir are DA MAN!!!!



  16. #16
    Regular Member Bulldog1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    DoubleR wrote:
    So, I guess one mic and you all shared the frequency, so to speak?
    My mic into a mixer > out to a mult-box for all the camera dudes to plug into.

    We NEED to get a podium next time.

  17. #17
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    We NEED to get a podium next time.
    Yes, all of the speakers moved around a lot causing excessive camera adjustments.


  18. #18
    Regular Member Bulldog1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    Well, to be fair, there WAS one in the other room.....that we weren't allowed to go in....thnaks Penelope Gross!

  19. #19
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    I have put together a page that is linked from the main VCDL site with some of the excellent pictures that Nakedshoplifter and Tess took. I will be adding Bulldog's video when it is done as well.

    Have a look and let me know what you think.

    http://www.vcdl.org/BGG/BGG.html

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Lower End of NoVa, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    719

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    A nice batch of pictures, Naked.

    What a cool event. VERY positive results. Kudos again to PVC, VCDL, MS, JP, et al. It turned out quite well.



    BTW, is this LEO 229?

    http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=IMG_0025.jpg

    Or Citizen?
    +1



    DC

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran roscoe13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Catlett, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,134

    Post imported post

    I've got the CBS9 story from the 15th (55MB), the NBC4 story from 11PM last night (36MB), the ABC7 story from 11PM last night (33MB) and the FOX5 news story from 11:30PM last night (45MB) if anyone needs them...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,764

    Post imported post

    jpierce wrote:
    I have put together a page that is linked from the main VCDL site with some of the excellent pictures that Nakedshoplifter and Tess took. I will be adding Bulldog's video when it is done as well.

    Have a look and let me know what you think.

    http://www.vcdl.org/BGG/BGG.html
    Good job! Thank you.

    One point - it's Bob CAVALCANTE.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    BobCav wrote:
    Not one pic of me.....I shoulda wore the TUX and been an attention *****!

    Great pix, Nekkid! Looking forward to seeing some video coverage.
    You just aint good lookin' enough to be on film.. Sorry.... :P

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    BTW, is this LEO 229?

    http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=IMG_0025.jpg

    Or Citizen?


    No, that is the original founder of VCDL, back when it was the "Northern Virginia Citizens Defense League".



    I was the heavy set guy in the green shirt in the firstrow. That other photo was Citizen.


  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    John nice job on the page. NowI don't mean to get saucy, but you gotmy name wrong. It's Cavalcante not Cavatelli.Me and cavatellihave a lot in common,both being Italian and best served hot. But cavatelli, my friend is a PASTA! LMAO.....



    I've been called a LOT of things in my day, but pasta is definitely a first!

    LMAO....



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •