• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposal for regular lunches. 3rd Sat of every month?

compmanio365

imported post

I'm cool with Azteca or Olive Garden; I am the kind of guy who goes to BK and gets cheeseburgers most of the time ;) probably explains my build; about the same as you said 'just_a_car', 5'10", 230 or so.....I may look at getting a serpa if one would work with my pistol......

expvideo

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I'm cool with Azteca or Olive Garden; I am the kind of guy who goes to BK and gets cheeseburgers most of the time ;) probably explains my build; about the same as you said 'just_a_car', 5'10", 230 or so.....I may look at getting a serpa if one would work with my pistol......

http://www.wwlholsters.com/gun-chosen.asp?manufacturer=HI-POINT&style=auto&model=45%20ACP%20%20FULL%20SIZE&size=UBHA-7

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=3047&GunID=320

I think the Galco sounds like a good bet, and well within a low budget. I only put the other one in there because it looks pretty versatile. Anyways, I use a polymer holster and I love it for OC. It looks like the galco would be a great deal for the price. Unfortunately, there are a limited amount of options for the Hi Point 45, but I hope these help.

just_a_car

imported post

I'd like to remind everyone that next week, the 16th, is the 3rd Saturday of June.

We should probably try to get a location solidified within the next week or so.

Mainsail

imported post

I would recommend Rock Pasta in FedWay but if it’s like the one in Tacoma, the music is somewhat loud. We may be able to remedy that by letting the manager know we’re having a meeting.

There are several restaurants along Ruston Way in Tacoma…

just_a_car

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Where are we going; Federal Way again or somewhere else? Once we know the city we are going to, we can start looking at restaurants.......

Well, as for city, I guess it really depends on where the majority of people are coming from. I know Lonnie and I are both in South Snohomish County and it appears there are some Tac-Town folks, so Federal Way does sound like a good middle ground. I just don't know the area very well, as I stick to Sea-Tac and North, for the most part. I can recommend lots of good places up here, though, as I've lived in Edmonds for 13+ years now.

just_a_car

imported post

Okay, so we're down to 4 days left and I don't think we even have a city chosen, much less a restaraunt.

Is it always this 'dead' regarding interest in lunches?

I mean, I'd go ahead and say "We're meeting here at this time.", but I really don't think it's my place to do so, since I'm rather new to the forums, have yet to OC, and have yet to go to one of these lunches.

Feedback... PLEASE!

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I mean, I'd go ahead and say "We're meeting here at this time.", but I really don't think it's my place to do so,
Sure it is :cool:

Sometimes the group just needs someone to make the initiative. If anyone has a real problem with what you decide then I'm sure changes can be made but from what I can tell most everyone here is pretty laid back and will be ok with your suggestion.

expvideo

imported post

Well we have a lot of people in the south of seattle area and a lot of people in the north of seattle area. There are also some people on the eastside.

Why not bellevue? It's half way up/down 405 and not as far up i90 as seattle. I'm pretty sure there's an azteca, and I know there's a dennys on NE 8th. And bellevue police have a training bulletin, so we won't all be falsely arrested.

Or... I have an idea... King county just recently got their bulletin, and we could go ahead and test them to see if the bulleting "took".

I'm just trying to spark some kind of a resolution, I don't really care where it is, provided it is somewhere.

44Brent

imported post

Generally Lonnie seems to be the person leading the charge on announcing time/place on these events, but I think he is probably skipping this one because he is going to be off in Portland this weekend.

There is another event going on this weekend in WA that has been organized by people at TheHighRoad.org. You can read the thread here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=237445&page=4

I believe the location is in Ellensburg, and I am still trying to figure out whether I am going to be headed out there. How do others on this forum feel about heading out and meeting in Ellensburg this weekend as an alternate to the open carry lunch?

If I make the trip out to Ellensburg I'll probably rent a motel room for a couple of nights rather than camping out because I don't have tents and other necessary provisions. I'm willing to room with anyone else who would also want to reduce expenses.

joshmmm

imported post

Based on what I've read about who is going to be coming... it seems that Southcenter may be the best location. It's about halfway between Seattle and Tacoma and fairly close to the Eastside as well.

I don't know yet if I will be in town this weekend, but if possible I do plan to attend.

In Southcenter there is a ClaimJumper, Bahama Breeze, Zoopas, Red Robin, etc.

Also, based on the previous posts about Southcenter mall (I think it was Sandy though I could be wrong on that) the police at least recognized eventually that it was legal and he was not arrested--just slightly harassed.

just_a_car

imported post

Well, since it looks like Aaron (expvideo) and I are the only ones making it that are as far north as Snohomish County, if Lonnie's not making it, then Southcenter could work and is definitely better than Federal Way in that respect.

You forgot to mention that there is also an Outback Steakhouse and across the street from that is a Sizzler (hard to beat all-you-can-eat salad bar {$11.99+tax}). Not sure if those or any of your's have signs restricting firearms at the door (which is their right as a private business and one we should respect and thusly refuse them our business/money).

I'll likely be making a trip down to Sportsman's Warehouse in Federal Way tomorrow (being the closest to Edmonds. Silverdale includes a ferry ride, SO expensive!) to pick up a Blackhawk Serpa holster.

On a side note, I actually received a Father's Day flyer from them recently in the mail! Some pretty good deals and I'm getting my dad a SOG Powerlock multitool for father's day; it's on sale from $72.99 to $49.99. Having the SOG dealer catalog and suggested retail price list (they're in Lynnwood, so I just walked in and they let me have one) this is an AWESOME deal! Suggested retail for the Powerlock is $105.00. *Does the less-than-50% dance!!! :celebrate*

just_a_car

imported post

joshmmm wrote:
I had no idea what an SOG Powerlock is so I googled it and found it here:

http://www.botac.com/sogs60.html

$40 dollars, plus shipping(ground to Bellevue is 8.52, 2 day is 13.85), no tax. (and no long drive)
Yes, but before Sunday? I could do the 2 day and have it here on time, which I may do. I'll be going to FedWay anyways for the Serpa holster. They have it at botac, but not the carbon-fiber one, which is what I want.

expvideo

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Well, since it looks like Aaron (expvideo) and I are the only ones making it that are as far north as Snohomish County, if Lonnie's not making it, then Southcenter could work and is definitely better than Federal Way in that respect.
I agree. If Lonnie's not making it, and we're the only two from the lynnwood area, southcenter makes more sense.

expvideo

imported post

How about Ikea? They have a cafeteria and the food is actually really good. They have a meatball thing that's really popular, sandwiches, salad, salmon, and a lot more. And it's all really fairly priced. It's also very public. Seriously, if you've never been to the cafeteria style restaurant inside Ikea, it's really something else.

It's also the only thing I know of in the southcenter area... so if anyone else has a suggestion, please just say so.

Anyway, I got permission, so I'll deffinately beat the lunchwith my fiancee (she doesn't carry, but she's supportive of OC).