• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Bartlett, TN

blk

imported post

Has anyone tried OC in Bartlett, TN? I have heard that LEO's in Bartlett will absolutely throw you to the ground, take your gun and violate your civil rights if you OC there. Is this true? If it is, when can we have an OC parade in Bartlett?

SomeKid

imported post

If such were true, I would OC there ASAP, because if a PD treated people in such a manner it would be an easy lawsuit victory.

jcramin

imported post

I live in Bartlett and I open carry all the time. Just did it over the weekend in the Bartlett Walmart.

Now here is something funny. Dont know if it was really me or not. I went to Walgreens in Bartlett the other day me and my wife went and and the kids stayed in the truck.

When I pulled up in Walgreens parking lot my gun was in the open and as I was walking across the parking lot with my wife I cover it with my thsirt. Wife and I got some meds from the pharm and a few other things and walked out. As we walked out and got to my truck a police car comes flying in the lot with lights and all on and pulls up to the front door and runs in. My son says another one already went in and he opened his holster on the way in.

I have no clue what was going on, I never saw the first cop go in.

J

blk

imported post

jcramin wrote:
I live in Bartlett and I open carry all the time. Just did it over the weekend in the Bartlett Walmart.

Now here is something funny. Dont know if it was really me or not. I went to Walgreens in Bartlett the other day me and my wife went and and the kids stayed in the truck.

When I pulled up in Walgreens parking lot my gun was in the open and as I was walking across the parking lot with my wife I cover it with my thsirt. Wife and I got some meds from the pharm and a few other things and walked out. As we walked out and got to my truck a police car comes flying in the lot with lights and all on and pulls up to the front door and runs in. My son says another one already went in and he opened his holster on the way in.

I have no clue what was going on, I never saw the first cop go in.

J

I guess you just missed being involved in a "man with a gun" call.

Who should we see about getting that OC parade in Bartlett going?

Loaded247

imported post

I'm new to the site, so forgive the late reply, but I saw this thread, and wanted to respond. I live in Bartlett, and I've been here for three years. I carry concealed, but have no problem at all with those that open carry.

Anyway, I've seen several people here in Bartlett open carrying on various occasions. Not a lot, but I've seen it...and I've even seen it done in front of law enforcement officers. I've never seen any kind of negative response to it.

A couple of years ago, I was stopped by a Bartlett officer, due to one of my headlights being out. I was polite and courteous to the officer, and infomed her I was carrying, and she in turn was polite and courteous. Nothing more was said about my weapon after I informed her of it, and at the conclusion of the brief stop, she gave me a warning, and informed me that if I showed that warning notice to another officer, then it should prevent me from getting a ticket. I fixed the headlight the next day, and that was that.

That was my only time being stopped by Bartlett PD, although I see them all the time.

If I ever have another interaction with Bartlett PD (or any other local PD), then I will post it.....