Thread: Thanks to Rank and File

Post imported post

As a someone who attended last night events, I wanted to thank rank and file officers of both Fairfax County Police and Fire Department for their professionalism in dealing with both VCDL members and protesters. Upper management may have been playing politics but line guys did an excellent job taking it in stride.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Hear, hear.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Hear, hear.
    Indeed. Every time the guy controlling access at the door tried to apoligize for the kaos to the (I think) fire marshall, he kept telling the volunteer how happy they were with the job VCDL was doing controlling the situation. Kudos to the VCDL volunteers as well!
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Now I wish I would have gone. It would have been very entertaining...

Post imported post

I was also impressed that they had officers on traffic detail after the meeting to help us leave the parking lot safely.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I agree, they were most professional and couteous. In fact, the Fire Marshalls were at Fuddruckers after the event with us!

How you like them apples Penny?

Post imported post

You have to keep in mind that a great deal of people like guns. There are a few that hate them and when they get into an office with power... they will do what they can to get rid of them or make life difficult.