• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks to Rank and File

rabbit994

imported post

As a someone who attended last night events, I wanted to thank rank and file officers of both Fairfax County Police and Fire Department for their professionalism in dealing with both VCDL members and protesters. Upper management may have been playing politics but line guys did an excellent job taking it in stride.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
Hear, hear.

Indeed. Every time the guy controlling access at the door tried to apoligize for the kaos to the (I think) fire marshall, he kept telling the volunteer how happy they were with the job VCDL was doing controlling the situation. Kudos to the VCDL volunteers as well!

LEO 229

imported post

Now I wish I would have gone. It would have been very entertaining...

vrwmiller

imported post

I was also impressed that they had officers on traffic detail after the meeting to help us leave the parking lot safely.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I agree, they were most professional and couteous. In fact, the Fire Marshalls were at Fuddruckers after the event with us!

How you like them apples Penny?

LEO 229

imported post

You have to keep in mind that a great deal of people like guns. There are a few that hate them and when they get into an office with power... they will do what they can to get rid of them or make life difficult.