• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attempted Armed Robbery of Security Guard

Tomahawk

imported post

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/reports2007/051607attrob.htm
On Wednesday, May 16 at 1:30 a.m., a 43-year-old security guard was checking the parking lot near the 3000 block of Furman Lane when he encountered a man acting suspiciously. The armed security guard went to investigate and the suspect brandished a gun. The suspect tried to take the victim’s gun but the victim was able to fight him off. There were no injuries.

The suspect was described as black, in his 30s. He was about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing about 200 pounds. He wore a black mask, black jacket and black pants.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477 or Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Tomahawk

imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
They are both armed and no shots are fired? :shock:

LoveMyCountry

That's a good catch, I hadn't noticed that. So much for the "more guns means more violence" theory, I guess.

I hypothesize* that perhaps the attacker wasn't prepared to use his weapon, and it may not have even been loaded, and that the security guard was also not prepared to use his weapon and was caught off guard (no pun intended).

*"hypothesize" is just my way of saying "I am pulling this out of my a$$" :?

Leader

imported post

"On Wednesday, May 16 at 1:30 a.m., a 43-year-old security guard was checking the parking lot near the 3000 block of Furman Lane when he encountered a man acting suspiciously."...................

"The suspect was described as black, in his 30s. He was about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing about 200 pounds. He wore a black mask, black jacket and black pants. "

What would he find "suspicious" about a black man with a black mask, black jacket, and black pants at 1:30 in the morning????

Wouldn't that be racial profiling? :question::question::question:

Legba

imported post

How are they even sure he was a black 30y/o if he was dressed like that and it was at night? That's damned efficient profiling... Sounds like another ninja attack thwarted.

-ljp

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Well as far as I am concerned wouldn't the security gaurd already have his weapon accessible if not already out of the holster when he went to investigate, even one hand on it in the holster?

I am glad no unneccessary shots were fired, but if indeed this ninja type assailant had taken his gun, it could have ended much worse.