• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia’s gun laws are killing New Yorkers!!!!

Meathook

imported post

Sorry.
This state is a mess.

Our governor's wife announced today she is going to hold a summit to find out why people are fleeing the state like rats from a sinking ship.

In the 1990’s, the upstate population of 20- to 34-year-olds decreased by 22 percent. “Hand in hand with this population decline is the struggling upstate economy,” she said.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist or the governors wife to figure this out. No jobs, companies leaving, no company would come here and deal with the high taxes and regulation, a governor who sues gun companies when he was AG doesn't give other companies confidence that he wont do the same to them, Taxes are the highest in the nation, rediculous restrictions on freedom. Don't get me started on gun laws (registration of all handguns, no open carry, an AW ban, .....)

My brother moves next month to TN for this very reason as soon as I can find an escape route I am right behind him. The sad thing is Western NY is one of the most beautiful places in the country to bad that stain on the East coast has ruined it for the rest of us. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

LEO 229

imported post

When I first moved to the Metro area in 1992..... I picked Virginia since it was easy to get to from DC.

Now... I am sooo happy I live in Virginia!!!

Gun laws here are so much better than DC and MD.

cato

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
When I first moved to the Metro area in 1992..... I picked Virginia since it was easy to get to from DC.

Get me a job and I'll move, but I don't want to go through academy again:lol:. Maybe I could mow lawns or somthing? or provide protection to reporters who piss on the 2A but don't want to carry!

LEO 229

imported post

cato wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Get me a job and I'll move, but I don't want to go through academy again:lol:. Maybe I could mow lawns or somthing? or provide protection to reporters who piss on the 2A but don't want to carry!

I need to get Citizen hired first. That is going to take all my energy. I will hook you up next.

My wife wants to retire to Hawaii but they do not allow Class III weapons so I told her hell no!

rabbit994

imported post

But you will have HR218

Prince William is hiring officer though they will probably send you though the academy again. I'm waiting to hear from them myself.

cato

imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
But you will have HR218
Only if I retire first,not if I resign to move to VA. Hay, I could be the first armed lawn....wait, hold the presses... could be the first Secret Lawn Service! Does a lawn mower count as a vehicle for OC?

ParaWarthog

imported post

NY might think about making it illegal to use a handgun to kill somebody. Just a thought.

We should ask the journalist how instruments of death often save lives.

vrwmiller

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

I moved to Virginia in 1984 when I was younger and my father left the Navy. He had gotten a job in the area, thus we moved here from Charleston, SC. At 9 years old, I was extremely pissed off at him for moving us away from SC because all our friends were down there and to top it off, when we moved, our neighbors were liberal losers begging for handouts from the government.

I had hated Virginia. I hated it it until my 20s when I began to develop more meaning friendships with more conservative friends. As I became more politcally aware, I began liking Virginia more and more. I like it so much now that I recently told my wife that I'd like to stay in VA, whereas we had been looking into moving further south on the eastern seaboard, likely one of the Carolina's. But now, doesn't look like that will happen.

LEO 229

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
I moved to Virginia in 1984 when I was younger and my father left the Navy. He had gotten a job in the area, thus we moved here from Charleston, SC. At 9 years old, I was extremely pissed off at him for moving us away from SC because all our friends were down there and to top it off, when we moved, our neighbors were liberal losers begging for handouts from the government.

I had hated Virginia. I hated it it until my 20s when I began to develop more meaning friendships with more conservative friends. As I became more politcally aware, I began liking Virginia more and more. I like it so much now that I recently told my wife that I'd like to stay in VA, whereas we had been looking into moving further south on the eastern seaboard, likely one of the Carolina's. But now, doesn't look like that will happen.

Once I got into purchasing my Class III firearm.... I looked at the laws for other states. Since one day I will retire and move someplace cheaper.

I was shocked to find some states did not allow them or silencers. I guess I will not be moving there. There is visible history that Class III weapons are not used in day to day crimes!! So why are those states so scared?

Do they realize that a machine gun can be stolen and brought into the state anyway to be used illegally?

And now with the prices of machine guns... the owners are not going to let them be stolen.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Once I got into purchasing my Class III firearm.... I looked at the laws for other states. Since one day I will retire and move someplace cheaper.
There are plenty of places in VA that are quite cheap, just need to get out of the cities...

LEO 229

imported post

I know I am not going to move to New York.... :p Apparently, your Virginia guns are killing those people.. Not the residents....

Guns Don't Kill People... People Kill People.

If no guns are available... they use pipes, knives, baseball bats, automobiles, poison, their hands, arrows, hammers, ice picks, and even rocks.