• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fred on the Immigration Bill

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Fred is of course correct in his analysis. But the reason the congress is avoiding real change is many fold. Usually they return to the old stand by argument that it will simply cost to much to fix the problem.

Well if the government would stop spending our money on a lot of programs that are not part of the constitutional mandate of the Federal Government, and focus on the purposes outlined in the Preamble of the constitution, there would be plenty of money.

Sorry for any mistakes but this is from memory -

"We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and to secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity do ordain and establish this constitution for United States of America.

Regards

Kelly J - Ever get up around Warrensburg area?

Kelly J

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Fred is of course correct in his analysis. But the reason the congress is avoiding real change is many fold. Usually they return to the old stand by argument that it will simply cost to much to fix the problem.

Well if the government would stop spending our money on a lot of programs that are not part of the constitutional mandate of the Federal Government, and focus on the purposes outlined in the Preamble of the constitution, there would be plenty of money.

Sorry for any mistakes but this is from memory -

"We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and to secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity do ordain and establish this constitution for United States of America.

Regards

Kelly J - Ever get up around Warrensburg area?
OT

possumboy

imported post

Kelly J wrote:
I don't get up around Warrensburg much these days, I used to get up there a lot back when I was fishing bass Tournaments on a regular basis, but now the only time I get by tere is when I go down to Lebanon to visit my best friend. May I inquire as to why you asked?
Lebanon, VA?

Kelly J

imported post

possumboy wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
I don't get up around Warrensburg much these days, I used to get up there a lot back when I was fishing bass Tournaments on a regular basis, but now the only time I get by tere is when I go down to Lebanon to visit my best friend. May I inquire as to why you asked?
Lebanon, VA?
Lebanon MO. sorry I should have be a bit clearer in my statement I sometimes thing everyone knows exactly what was on my mind, it's a Senior thing.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
...SNIP
I don't get up around Warrensburg much these days, I used to get up there a lot back when I was fishing bass Tournaments on a regular basis, but now the only time I get by there is when I go down to Lebanon to visit my best friend. May I inquire as to why you asked?
Yea. I went to school there, and worked for the Conservation Department for a while. I travelled all over the state in that job and saw some really beautiful places. I also had a lot of family there. I still have some friends out in Odessa, and around Jeff City. Sometimes I miss the peace of standing knee deep in the Gasconade river at dawn flipping flys.

Regards

Meathook

imported post

This bill is a complete sell out to the American people and I hope that any politician that signs on to it is run out of office. It is disgusting that any American official would even propose such a thing.

Secure the border, and start enforcing the law.

Put pressure on the Mexican government.

The sickening part is that the government makes no effort to do what is right (like their job) first. They just go to compromise claiming that doing the right thing is too hard.
:banghead:

Kelly J

imported post

Meathook wrote:
This bill is a complete sell out to the American people and I hope that any politician that signs on to it is run out of office. It is disgusting that any American official would even propose such a thing.

The sickening part is that the government makes no effort to do what is right (like their job) first. They just go to compromise claiming that doing the right thing is too hard.
Spent some really good hours on the Gasganade and Niangua below Bennet, I wish I could do it again but with my Emphysema I am frankly afraid to get back on the water because if I hit the Water I wouldn't last long enough to get back to the boat or the bank which ever was the case, but the hours spent on these two Rivers have many pleasent memories and shared Friendship, those were the good days before these bad ones.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
...SNIP
but the hours spent on these two Rivers have many pleasent memories and shared Friendship, those were the good days before these bad ones.

While I understand what you are saying, I try to think of any day I wake up as a good one. I just don't like the alternative. IF it were me, I would go anyway. They might find me face down in the river, but it beats the hell out of dying in my sleep. If you get a chance, take a look at the movie "Second Hand Lions" with Robert Duval. I think you might find a pearl in there.

possumboy

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
While I understand what you are saying, I try to think of any day I wake up as a good one. I just don't like the alternative. IF it were me, I would go anyway. They might find me face down in the river, but it beats the hell out of dying in my sleep. If you get a chance, take a look at the movie "Second Hand Lions" with Robert Duval. I think you might find a pearl in there.
Just finished that movie, only 2 weeks left in recovery now. Will probably watch it again when it doesn't hurt to laugh.

Kelly J

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
...SNIP
but the hours spent on these two Rivers have many pleasent memories and shared Friendship, those were the good days before these bad ones.

OT

Kelly J

imported post

Meathook wrote:

OT

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
...SNIP

My plan is to be shot by a jealous Husband over his virgin Bride, and I only hope he can shoot straight, kidding of course.

I don't really care how I end up going, I can't get out of this world alive, and have never known anyone that has, but I have had a good life, done pretty much what I wanted to, been on my own since I was 17, answered only to the powers that be, been 3/4 the way around this world 3 different times, Caught a ton of fish, killed a lot of deer, and shot a passel of Quall, rabbit, squirrel, and had the opportunity to have been married to three good women, two of them Sisters, raised a family , and done it without my wives ever having to work a day of our married lives, that is according to how it should be, when it is time for me to go I'll be ready.

I read a quote one time that I can’t remember the author’s name but it was very simple, “I’ve seen a lot of things in my life, but have yet to see a Luggage rack on a Hearse”.

Well I plan on screwing an airplane into the bottom of a smoking hole someday, and until then I plan on pissing off as many anti-rights people as I can.

Seems to me that you have a pretty good bead on all this and you don't need any advice. My only point is you may have to rest two or three time between the car and the boat, but the real point is to wind up at the boat. How long it takes to get there is not really that important.

Just don't let them start throwing dirt in your face until you are no longer willing to spit it out.:lol: If you can't bait your own hook, most grandchildren would be willing to help out (but you knew that). There is still a fish or two two catch, a deer or two take, and God knows, down your way you can take rabbits with a stick in your garden.

Regards