• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How should we organize our military?

Who do you think should serve in the military?

• Every able-bodied man.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every able-bodied man and woman.

• Random draft of men to meet a quota.

• Random draft of men and women to meet quota

• All volunteer military service.

• Total voters

daniel.call

imported post

I am interested in knowing what everyone here thinks is the ideal way to organize our military. If you don't like any of the options feel free to write your own ideas in a post. Thanks for your time.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Have to ask, how is this OC or firearm related?

Either I can move it for you, or you can start over in the other area and I can delete this thread.

Your call....

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Volunteer only, if we do not have enough volunteers I would have no problem volunteering our death row inmates to serve over seas.

Xhado

imported post

I would never trust my life to anyone who didn’t volunteer to be in the military.

~Current USAF

JSK333

imported post

From what I've heard, it seems like Switzerland has it right--militia based army, consisting of every adult male.

That's what America had until the mid-19th century right? A lot of people point to the Spanish-American War as proof that militias don't work, but I think that's an oversimplification.

Also, God ordained about the same thing in the Hebrew scriptures. All men able to fight were included in the army whenever a war was necessary (no standing army); but one class specifically excluded were those of faint heart. That would exclude those who wouldn't make good soldiers.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I think they should raise the service age up to, say 55 to 60. Somewhere in there.

All males with any usable skills or aptitudes valuable to the military would be encouraged to sign up. If they can pass a decent physical, not necessarily a combat-based one, then they would be acceptable.

A lot of the activities in the military, such as logistics, coordination, systems admin, procurement, research, management, etc., can be easily done by older citizens. In some cases it is those civilian citizens who are designing the systems or procedures the military is using. They're more expert than the people who are doing it now.

If any older male is ingood enough shape to go into combat,then, by all means let him.There are many guys, 40 to 60 who are in EXCELLENT physical shape withGREAT reflexes and savvy.

I would give precedence to and encourage older male applicants who havenot yet served in the military. If someone didn't get a chance to do it in his younger years, he could make his military contribution after he's settled, the kids are gone, thehouse is paid off, etc.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I believe it was Heinlein that said something like:

"Any nation that cannot defend itself through the voluntary service of it's own citizens has no right to exist."

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

BobCav wrote:
I believe it was Heinlein that said something like:

"Any nation that cannot defend itself through the voluntary service of it's own citizens has no right to exist."
My sentiments exactly.

daniel.call

imported post

This is politics related. I got it in the wrong spot. If you know how to move it I would be grateful. Thanks.

cato

imported post

I divide my answer based on the service. The standing army,if we are to have one, (and I include the National Guard) should be voluntary and well paid but restricted to defense of the physical United States except in time of declared war or responding to an immediate threat.

The state militia should be all males capable of defense and be compulsory. I would like to see training begin at about 12 (boy scouts wasjust notcutting it for me. I wanted more, kind of like the HY but without the H)but actual service to begin between 16 to 18 and be available to any age based on skills and ability, not the 45 year old limit of 200 years ago (which is probably similar to 65 year old of today).

I would not object to women in the milita if only to have this visual:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=2327&forum_id=6&highlight=jewish

cato

imported post

Cut And Shoot wrote:
Jeez!

Some of you people have entirely too much free time on your hands!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

And what's your excuse for missing the last militia muster, mister!

Yes, time to leave the air conditioning, and OC in highly urban areas to desensitize the sheeple! Well the blue suit and tin make that kind of hard.....but I do like to advise peopleto buy a gun, since I can almostguarantee I won't be around whentheir safety is in jeopardy and have no duty to protect based on SCOTUS.