• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Immigration Reform My Backside

ChronoSphere

imported post

For those who need a bit of a refresher on the rules for this forum:
1) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry, freedom, liberty, firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate in some way to one of these topics.
[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]
[/font]

ChronoSphere

imported post

You're talking about 2-3 separate degrees of freedom between one result and the next. In other words, I don't buy your train of thought. Additionally, the GOP has been making headway with incorporating immigrant populations within their ranks.

I was born of Cuban parents in Miami, and they are card carrying republicans. Obviously 2 people are not a representative sample, but you have an entire population of immigrants in southern Florida (2 million+) who are majority GOP (even if I am not, I was always the rebellious one in my family :D)

Just like with any other immigrant populations that have historically entered this country, strive to integrate them into our way of life, including the bearing of arms, as Americans of all races, ethnicities have since the founding of the republic. I am an example that it works :)

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

You yourself are a prime example of how the immigrants and their descendants are influenced by their environment. As you've stated, your folks are Republicans. You are not. You grew up in Miami? Would you consider Miami a stronghold of conservative values? No. Regardless of how many Cuban nationals remember why they left Cuba, their Kids areapt to forget.However, most of the Hispanic immigrants have not fled Communism as it was back in the days of the Marielitos. The ones that have come across today have not come with the same love for this country as the Cubans did. In fact, most can't wait to go home! They are here to strike it "rich" and send their hard earned dollars out of this country, back to their families that have stayed behind, waiting for their return.

How does thishave anything to do with gun rights? OK, let's start by giving these peopleamnesty and citizenship. Now we have people with no vested interest in the well being of our "American" civil rights. They are looking out for their best interest and how they can get the most out of their temporary situation. This will lead to them turning to the side that has been throwing the bank at immigrants, legal or otherwise, for decades: the left. It is common knowledge that liberal politicians tend to portray an anti-gun opinion. The domino effect will prove that these folks will end up in support of those who would disarm America, only to benefitfrom their "generosity" while making plans to retire in their homelands, after having destroyed mine.

Before you give me any argument about Xenophobia, I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, and my father was also a Cuban native from Cienfuegos. The difference between us is that I will never forget what Castro did to my family, andI will never let that happen to my country. God bless the USA!

Kelly J

imported post

ChronoSphere wrote:
You're talking about 2-3 separate degrees of freedom between one result and the next. In other words, I don't buy your train of thought. Additionally, the GOP has been making headway with incorporating immigrant populations within their ranks.

I was born of Cuban parents in Miami, and they are card carrying republicans. Obviously 2 people are not a representative sample, but you have an entire population of immigrants in southern Florida (2 million+) who are majority GOP (even if I am not, I was always the rebellious one in my family :D)

Just like with any other immigrant populations that have historically entered this country, strive to integrate them into our way of life, including the bearing of arms, as Americans of all races, ethnicities have since the founding of the republic. I am an example that it works :)

OT

Kelly J

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
You yourself are a prime example of how the immigrants and their descendants are influenced by their environment. As you've stated, your folks are Republicans. You are not. You grew up in Miami? Would you consider Miami a stronghold of conservative values? No. Regardless of how many Cuban nationals remember why they left Cuba, their Kids areapt to forget.However, most of the Hispanic immigrants have not fled Communism as it was back in the days of the Marielitos. The ones that have come across today have not come with the same love for this country as the Cubans did. In fact, most can't wait to go home! They are here to strike it "rich" and send their hard earned dollars out of this country, back to their families that have stayed behind, waiting for their return.

How does thishave anything to do with gun rights? OK, let's start by giving these peopleamnesty and citizenship. Now we have people with no vested interest in the well being of our "American" civil rights. They are looking out for their best interest and how they can get the most out of their temporary situation. This will lead to them turning to the side that has been throwing the bank at immigrants, legal or otherwise, for decades: the left. It is common knowledge that liberal politicians tend to portray an anti-gun opinion. The domino effect will prove that these folks will end up in support of those who would disarm America, only to benefitfrom their "generosity" while making plans to retire in their homelands, after having destroyed mine.

Before you give me any argument about Xenophobia, I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, and my father was also a Cuban native from Cienfuegos. The difference between us is that I will never forget what Castro did to my family, andI will never let that happen to my country. God bless the USA!

OT