• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disorderly Conduct

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Lammie wrote:
If you read The Wisconsin disorderly conduct statute 947.01 you will find that the case of Braun v Baldwin is referenced in the Annotations to the statue. It reads:
"Defiance of a police officer's order to move is itself disorderly conduct if the order is lawful". Braun v Baldwin 346 F3d 761(2003).
The annotation may or may not be an accurate reflection of what the case actually said. I am not commenting on this particular annotationor thisparticular case, but I have found lots and lots of annotations that are just plain wrong when one goes to the actual case to read it.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

jrm wrote:
My point is simple:

Raven was convicted of disorderly conduct, in large part because she carried a firearm.

I understood Raven was holding the gun in her hand and waiving it around, and refused to put it down when ordered to do so. The Raven situation is quite a stretch of logic and reason to apply to someone with a holstered firearm.

jrm

imported post

In response to inquiries, I cited two cases where it appeared a defendant was convicted of DO for carrying. If no one believes those defendants were convicted primarily because they were carrying, that's okay. What I don't understand, however, is if everybody is convinced that no one ever has been convicted of DO for open carrying, why is nobody here posting that they open carry?