• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

interested in some sort of name tags

Would you be interested in having a name tag for meet ups?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Possibly if majority was for it

• Total voters

chefjustin

imported post

Now that I have attended a few meeting, get together and gun giveaways. I am wondering if you all would be interested in some sort of name tags. I am thinking ether a simple little pin on or lanyard style. It should be able to be hidden or removed quickly I think for times you don’t want to show how you are. The basic idea I had was some thing like this.

[align=center]First name “Handle” Last name[/align]
[align=center]City or county[/align]
[align=center]Optional info you want to provide I.E. member, permit holder, or some other status[/align]

I know there are many different options and am open to suggestions. This should be for when we are together at a meeting or dinner and want to be able to know who each other is without the “who are you?” that we do. It would take some research and probably funding to do but I am willing to do the work if you would be interested.

Please give me your opinion.

Thanks Chef

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VCDL meetings, yes. OCDO suppers, maybe. I'm not sure I'd want my name displayed to all viewers in a public setting.

kle

imported post

I was there at the VCDL meeting on the 17th, wearing a maroon Virginia Tech polo and black slacks, my Keltec P11 carried openly in my IWB holster, and "Hi my name is KLE from OCDO" written on a stick-on name-tag on my shirt. I met roscoe13 that way, and we saw BobCav (who doesn't look a thing like his avatar).

I would definitely be in support of some sort of ID tag, so we can link our faceless names to our nameless faces.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Let me get this straight. You want me to actually tell people who I am. ARE YOU NUTS!!! Half of these people are just waiting for the opportunity to get me in their sights.:lol::lol::what:

Not really a bad idea. I could go for just the forum Handle, and let folks provide their name in person. (But only if BabCav is covering my back):uhoh:

Regards

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I was thinking about that recently.

I like the idea of lanyard-style -- they can be tucked in quickly, or turned over.

Something like

@handle
Real name

but no gun identifying info, was what I was thinking. Just an @ sign, handle, and maybe just first name.

Bulldog1967

imported post

Well, no name tag, but here I am:

matt_camera.jpg

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

Citizen wrote:
No Can Do on the handle. LEO229 might be there to check my serial number. :)
well i have a solution for you Citizen....i was able to get a pic of plain clothes leo229

Attachments

• danglemorrissy.jpg
    danglemorrissy.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 226

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
Citizen wrote:
No Can Do on the handle. LEO229 might be there to check my serial number. :)
well i have a solution for you Citizen....i was able to get a pic of plain clothes leo229

DAMMIT Kodiak, that's TWICE you made me vomit in my mouth!!:cuss:

I have to ask - why DO you have so many pics like this on your computer??

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I vote no, they can't torture me for your alls names if I don't know them. Now where is my tinfoil beanie? :dude:

Edit to add: Remember we have had a serious incident happen at a meetup, and for some keeping confidentiallity is a priority.

LEO 229

imported post

People sure do like my photo...

That is a rather fetching photo of me.. I must say...

Citizen.... wanna reach into my pockets???