• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms charge for using a taser???

cato

imported post

LEOnardo,

You're just trying to entice us to do something wrong to arrest us!Your subliminal state programming is starting to show:lol:.

Boy, remember those days around here. It was a lot more exciting. I'm so board when we are all friends. Oh well. Where's swatpro(tagonist) 911 when you need him. Just like a mall ninja, never around when you need'em.

LEO 229

imported post

Ya... Where is Swat and Vermonter???

I would even like to go a round or two with LEO 230.

Getting dull here. :p

cato

imported post

Hey, I like Vermonter; added: he's my easy ticket for expired registration tag, I bet in CA I could even tow his car! Pick on him, and you'll answer to my yankee boot, southern boy!

LEO 229

imported post

I like him too... would love to hit him with a taser just for fun.

cato

imported post

LEOnardo,

Nice twist to bring this back On Topic. I fear the taser. I got a 5 second ride at the academy. Oh such pain! I have never felt before or since.

LEO 229

imported post

I got hit too.. It sucked but not as bad as mace! I would rather be tazed again and will never ever allow myself to be maced ever again!

cato

imported post

Oh... I ate the oc (mace) up. It was bad don't get me wrong, but it just made me mad. We then had to defend from a gun grab and take down an assailant. I did better than before the oc was shot in my eyes and down my throat (they made us stand there with our eyes and mouth open - the instructors got tooooo much pleasure from this). It must have been the shot of adrenaline.

And I've encountered thiswith some suspects. It's like shooting a bear with a pistol. So we mostly just go hands on for a take down.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Updating on this case: all charges were dropped.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2007/072007/07262007/303207

Bouncer cleared of Taser use charges

Charges against bouncer dropped

Date published: 7/26/2007

BY KEITH EPPS

Charges against a bouncer accused of using a Taser on an unruly patron were dropped Tuesday in Fredericksburg General District Court.

Richard A. Sullivan, 24, of Stafford County was charged in May with carrying a concealed weapon and discharging a firearm within a building. The latter charge is a Class 6 felony.

City prosecutor Andy Cornick determined that Sullivan had been improperly charged after a more thorough review of a state law.

Cornick said it is not technically illegal to conceal a Taser unless you are a convicted felon, which Sullivan is not.

He also said that the Taser does not qualify as a firearm under the felony statute Sullivan was charged under.

According to city police, Sullivan was working as a bouncer at Buffalo Wild Wings in Central Park early May 19 when he became involved in an altercation with two Marines.

During the incident, police said, a Taser was used on one of the Marines.

Later that morning, police said, Sullivan encountered the two Marines he'd kicked out of the club at a nearby Wawa. This time, Sullivan was assaulted.

During the investigation, police learned about the Taser and filed charges the next day.

Keith Epps: 540/374-5404
Email: kepps@freelancestar.com

Avengen

Its me!

Its funny the things your find when you "google" your own name. Yes this was me, everything turned out fine. Charges were dropped. Ironicly it wasn't even a "taser" by definition. It was a handheld stun gun. No projectiles at all.

user

Accomplished Advocate
To the man with a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

So, are you going to file suit against the jarheads who attacked you?

Avengen

It was years ago. Court date was the same for them. I pressed charges for assault and battery and he (the aggressor) plead guilty and got 6 months probation. I guess that was fair. I'm sure he got in more trouble in the marines as I believe they may not be as nice.

MSC 45ACP

He was most likely charged under the UCMJ for "Bringing discredit upon the Service"... That sounds like nothing to civilians, but rest assured, good readers, it is a VERY serious charge in the Coast Guard and probably moreso to the Marine Corps.

Thou Shalt NOT bring discredit upon your Branch of Service...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I didn't realize there was such interest in alternate weapons. As everyone that knows me is aware of, I do carry a Taser in addition to my gun but today....I added on::uhoh:

s2-1.jpg

s3.jpg

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Heck man most people I know who carry a gun at least carry a knife as an alternative. I generally have both a knife and pepper spray, since a gun may not be the right tool for the job, but one of the others may be.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Heck man most people I know who carry a gun at least carry a knife as an alternative. I generally have both a knife and pepper spray, since a gun may not be the right tool for the job, but one of the others may be.

I figured these posts had already gone from OC'ed handguns to chambered handguns in vehicles to assisted openers to Tasers....I'd throw in something more exotic...and...very useful if I'm attacked by a Great White Shark.

Tomorrow, I may OC an Atlatl :lol::p:lol:

Sunday I may strap on a couple of my #5 long spring traps.