• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Derby, KS

mitchd

imported post

I went to City Hall today to personally view the official City Code, and make copies of applicable Articles and Amendments. Nothing prohibits open carry. Vehicular carry is restricted to unloaded in an enclosed container (unless you're a licensed CCH). Open carry is prohibited in parks by Sedgwick County Code.

I'm scanning and uploading copies I made of the code to my server.

Unoid

imported post

Nice work!
I grew up in wichita and andover. Nice to see citizens seeking knowledge of our rights ...

spurrit

imported post

Open carry is legal in Wichita, so long as it's unloaded. The cops WILL prone and harass you, though.

The psycho lesbo in charge down in Mulvane will attempt to have you drawn and quartered.

spurrit

imported post

Forgot to mention-when I got pulled over for speeding in Mulvane, I met a nice cop. I'd been out cutting wood and hunting, and had forgotten to unload my rifles. He told me to pull down the road and put 'em in the toolbox. He also told me that if any of the other cops there had pulled me over, they would have seized my guns,truck, and contents!

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

spurrit wrote:
He also told me that if any of the other cops there had pulled me over, they would have seized my guns,truck, and contents!
Sounds like he was trying to play good cop/bad cop, only the bad cop wasn't present.

ksdave

imported post

the lady cop you are talking about i have known her 30 years she mite be tuff but how many of us in the line of duty could be shot 5 times and still be around

spurrit

imported post

She threatened to arrest me when I commented (favorably)on their fancy "Hot Rod" cruiser as I walked by, and asked if they were gonna race the other PD where the Cheif got fired for drag racing it illegally. Apparently, she never read the bill of rights, or thinks it doesn't apply to logger boot wering lesbians. She can(and probably will) go to hell, as far as I'm concerned. She's no lady. She's probably the one that thought up the 20 MPH zone at the bottom of the hill, right next to the Cop Shop.

:cuss:

P.S. ~I don't like her. Toodles!

spurrit

imported post

Forgot to mention; Derby City code is available at the library.

mossweed

imported post

These PDF's you posted won't open up? Not sure why but I haven't had any luck opening them. I was wanting to read them being you had went to the trouble to look them up. Thanks

mossweed

imported post

So what did the Derby code say about open carry on the streets of Derby? Is it legal to have a open carry pistol in a holster in the city of Derby? I would think the police would be on you in a second if they seen you walking around like that. Not to mention everyone else calling in to PD about it.

mossweed

imported post

I don't see much use for "unloaded" open carry except for maybe transporting firearm to a repair shop or to trade guns. Anybody else have a viewpoint on this?

spurrit

imported post

Dunno about OC there. When I was reading the code book, I was busy preparing for court on another matter.

Most of their officers I've met, I've found to be rather reasonable. Never had a problem with the cops there, even when being pulled over with a bolt action rifle sitting on my seat in plain sight.