Thread: Help me Understand......

Post imported post

So there was a new law passed in several townships and cities in WV regarding OC, correct?

SO this means those new prohibitions ARE NOT State wide law?

Say for instance, I can still OC in Morgantown and in the northern part of WV near the PA border?

Thanks for clarifing this....
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I know nothing of this new law passed in several townships. Do you have a link? Recently discovered (at least on here) are pre-preemption bans on open carry in Charleston and Dunbar, no others that I know of.

There can not be any laws passed that restrict anything new firearms related in WV because of the preemption clause. Ordinances conflicting with state law had to be grandfathered in, no new ones are legal.

I have open carried in Morgantown with no problems whatsoever, even though I live in the southern part of the state.

Edited for spelling.

Post imported post

Thanks for your help!
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Oh one more thing, I did not go on WVU's campus open carrying, I stayed in other parts of Morgantown. While legal, I would expect a hassle there.