• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Made my first convert yesterday

Armed4Life

imported post

I had stopped a the Circle K to fill up the truck and, as I was walking in (w/Glock 19 attached), I noticed a man in his mid 20's hurrying to catch up with me. He caught up to me at the soda machine and here is the exchange:

Him: Excuse me, Sir?

Me: Yeah

Him: I wanted to ask you....so its legal to carry a gun in the open here, right? I recently got mine

Me: Yes, with some restrictions. It has to be in a belt holster that is completely visible, and there are certain places that you cannot carry. You should research them before you try it. If you have a computer, try OpenCarry.org

Him: Hmmm......I think I'd be too nervous to carry openly like that.

Me: The first few times you WILL be nervous....but it gets easier with time

Him: Thanks

and off he went just as quickly as he came.

Felt good to encourage a new recruit.

:celebrate

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
I had stopped a the Circle K to fill up the truck and, as I was walking in (w/Glock 19 attached), I noticed a man in his mid 20's hurrying to catch up with me. He caught up to me at the soda machine and here is the exchange:

Him: I wanted to ask you....so its legal to carry a gun in the open here, right? I recently got mine

Me: Yes, with some restrictions. It has to be in a belt holster that is completely visible, and there are certain places that you cannot carry. You should research them before you try it. If you have a computer, try OpenCarry.org

Good job, Armed4Life!

Congrats on a good encounter. Since I had my first bad one the other day, it's good to hear good stories.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
Tess,
Did you post your experience? If so, under what topic?

It's a long story, trust me.

In "Stories from the States", "Virginia" there are two threads - My notes from the MMM marchm and one about being stopped from videotaping in a library.

In short, some of us went to a meeting of the Million Mom March organization on Monday. They had a lawyer speaking - a lawyer who used to be with the NRA (Robert Ricker) - and the topic was Gun Laws in Virginia. I had every intention of simply sitting quietly and learning something, making a point if I must because blatantly incorrect info was coming out. We were not allowed to, though; we were harrassed and villified. I fully expected to be pointedly ignored, but it didn't work that way. I've never, in fact, been treated as rudely as I was that night.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Would somebody PM me with an explanation for the term "unicorn." No fair keeping the joke to yourselves. :)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Image:Enlisted_GlobeAnchor.jpg

Attachments

• marine trifecta.jpg
    marine trifecta.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 799

Legba

imported post

J. Edgar himself (herself?) thought so anyway... instills confidence in law enforcement, doesn't it?

-ljp

Mini14

imported post

Armed4Life wrote:

Good job, man! Let us encourage OC, it is a good thing.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mini14 wrote:
SNIP Great pic! Loved 1911 and '03 Springfields; the jammed Winchester is priceless!

Yes!

However, its the bayonets that bringa slight moisture to this former Marine's eye.