• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor Kaine wants legislature to change guns laws

ParaWarthog

imported post

markand wrote:
Kaine is not specific about changes he would have legislature make, but states that he is "troubled" that the VA Tech killer was able to "stockpile" a "cache" of 377 rounds of ammo without police knowing about it.
I also heard that the madman bought 300 gallons of gas in the past year, which could have made a huge fire or a bomb. I was more surprised to hear the police hadn't heard about that :cuss:

This Kaine guy sure doesn't shoot much, does he?

LEO 229

imported post

DeadCenter wrote:
72Malibu wrote:
I do straw purchases all the time. You can get a pack of them for really cheap at IKEA, and in 3 different colors. The hot pink isn't my favorite though.

Pink is my favorite --- LMAO
I have a few shirts you may like.. what size are you? They did not fit Citizen and he gave them back.

DeadCenter

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
DeadCenter wrote:
72Malibu wrote:
I do straw purchases all the time. You can get a pack of them for really cheap at IKEA, and in 3 different colors. The hot pink isn't my favorite though.

Pink is my favorite --- LMAO
I have a few shirts you may like.. what size are you? They did not fit Citizen and he gave them back.

LARGE -- :celebrate

When did you meet citizen?

DC

Forty-five

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
Who are the members of the commission that are investigating the incident? What are their backgrounds and political affiliations? I am wondering if this will foreshadow the recommendations that they will undoubtedly provide in August. Can we expect them to be favorable more to the anti-rights or pro-rights crowd?
Here is a link to Kaine's April 19, 2007 release with brief bios of the panel as of that date. The panel apparently includes Gerald Massengill, Tom Ridge, Gordon Davies, Roger Depue, Aradhana Sood, and Marcus Martin.

http://www.governor.virginia.gov/mediarelations/newsreleases/viewRelease.cfm?id=387

Tomahawk

imported post

Something else I just thought about: How the heck do you "stockpile" 377 rounds? Isn't that a prime number? Is there a brand of ammo out there that comes in 377-rd boxes?

LEO 229

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Something else I just thought about: How the heck do you "stockpile" 377 rounds? Isn't that a prime number? Is there a brand of ammo out there that comes in 377-rd boxes?

Got me. Can you really be considered to be stock piling ammo that can fit in a kitchen drawer? That is not much at all.

Maybe I am stockpiling silverware!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Trust me, I can do FAR more damage (or good) with my pen than with any firearm.

That's the difference between Navy and Marines, Bob.

I can do far more damage with my rifle than any pen.:dude:

That's cute.... lol...

At the last VCDL meeting I leaned over to Tomahawk and asked him''Wanna hear a MARINE joke?''

Hereplies, ''Bob, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs, and I'm a MARINE. TEX1N over thereis 6'2'' tall, weighs 225, and he's a MARINE. Longwatchnext to him is 6'5'' tall, weighs 235, and he's also a MARINE. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?''

So I told him''Nah, I don't want to have to explain it three times.''

cato

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
BobCav wrote:

That's cute.... lol...

At the last VCDL meeting I leaned over to Tomahawk and asked him''Wanna hear a MARINE joke?''

Hereplies, ''Bob, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs, and I'm a MARINE. TEX1N over thereis 6'2'' tall, weighs 225, and he's a MARINE. Longwatchnext to him is 6'5'' tall, weighs 235, and he's also a MARINE. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?''

That's great! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

vrwmiller

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
BobCav wrote:

That's cute.... lol...

ROFL!! Now that's funny!

IanB

imported post

[align=center]:what::what::what::what::what:[/align]
[align=center]
IMG_0012.jpg
[/align]

DeadCenter

imported post

<snip>Governor Kaine gave the panel investigating the Virginia Tech
shooting incident its marching orders on Monday: Kaine let it be
known that he expects the panel to recommend more gun control -
including ammunition control!<snip>

<snip> What is he suggesting - that the police spot check our homes? Is he
just going to pull a number out of thin air and say that more than
"X" rounds of ammo is evil or requires some kind of permit?<snip>

Has he lost his mind. How long before he is out of office. Dumb. His plan is an invasion of my privacy.

Dc

72Malibu

imported post

When I read that, I was so angry I was speechless. I've already sent an email via the link in the VCDL bulletin.

These "solutions" to 'protect us from people like Cho' by impeding the ability and the RIGHT to defend ourselves from people like Cho don't make any sense. What are they going to suggest if the next big incident doesn't involve firearms at all? What are they going to try to regulate then? The sale of fertilizer? Knives? Baseball bats? Gasoline (which they don't regulate well anyway)? Boards with nails in them? There are so many methods that a sicko can use to kill/maime from one to many people at a time, and everybody's focusing on the big bad gun. If these people had half a brain, they'd be even more dangerous than they already are.

Never understimate the power of stupid people in groups... or positions of authority.